Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went well after this update,

but the Mac App Store is blank and not load nothing (grey background with logo)

and if i click on "account details" in iCloud preferences, i have error “There was an error in iCloud Preferences”

I tried everything but I did not succeed

A problem one day before the update Safari not load pages :-/ (but the the suggested words in the url work!)

Struggling with this update. I waited until the Nvidia drivers (1050 TI) were available. I just updated and a normal boot after the boot hangs near the end. So I am booting in safe mode and that succeeds and I think I need to mount /Volumes/EFI to put fakeSMC in place as per instructions in the initial post. But in safe mode I cannot mount /Volumes/EFI with EFI mounter V3. I have done this many times and I am sure I have the correct drive. "Apple handler failed -1000)" . Any idea how to move past this?

Dropped MATS on config.plist and FakeSMC.txt on EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but i got stucked :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_3585 2.JPG
    IMG_3585 2.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 171
Struggling with this update. I waited until the Nvidia drivers (1050 TI) were available. I just updated and a normal boot after the boot hangs near the end. So I am booting in safe mode and that succeeds and I think I need to mount /Volumes/EFI to put fakeSMC in place as per instructions in the initial post. But in safe mode I cannot mount /Volumes/EFI with EFI mounter V3. I have done this many times and I am sure I have the correct drive. "Apple handler failed -1000)" . Any idea how to move past this?

Ok a got around it. Here is what I ran into and how I fixed it:

1. Stuck at 80% of the boot cycle
2. After that I got a screen with " MacOS could not be installed on you computer" ".....IOSInstall.mpkg... appears to be missing ..."
3. Unable to mount /Volumes/EFI.... to install fakeSMC kext as per thread start instructions.

Here is what I did that got me a round those 2 issues (please read the whole thing if you have trouble):

Problem 3.

- If you boot of the temporary update "partition" in clover you cannot mount /Volume/EFI. You need manually select the standard Clover Mac OS X selection. Then you can mount /Volume/EFI with the EFI mounter V3.
- This allowed me to put the fakeSMC in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- That allowed me to get around the 80% stuck (but please continue to read if you have this)

Problem 2.

- I think because of the all the tinkering and aborted upgrade I ran into the upgrade failing.
- Chose to boot of the old (not upgraded) Partition in Clover and ran the Combo update (not the App Store version) and reapplied the update.
- Now with the fakeSMC in place I could reboot and continue the upgrade. (But please continue to read)

Problem 1.

- Now with the fakeSMC in place I should be able to get around the 80% boot problem
- As a safety measure (???) at each reboot during the upgrade process (I think there are 3) I selected (press space bar in clover before it boots) "Set Nvidia to VESA".
- This caused the upgrade to complete.
- After completion and a full boot I was able to install the new NVIDIA web drivers. (I have an EVGA GTX 1050 TI 4gb)

Now it works like a charm. USB/Audio/Video no extra fixes needed. Hope this helps.

I used the Nvidia drivers manager for update to 378.10.10.10.25.104 at reboot and that work (no need to run the Nvidia pkg again)
It's all now installed and all but I always get random freezes when Nvidia loads in the top menu bar after each restart. Does anyone know how to tell whats going on?

It's all now installed and all but I always get random freezes when Nvidia loads in the top menu bar after each restart. Does anyone know how to tell whats going on?
Do not know but no freezes for me -
I used NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 in L/E and I have disabled show Nvidia Drivers manager in menu

ASUS Sabertooth X79 with Ivybridge 4790 and 32GB RAM updated straight off App Store with no issues. Old EVGA X58 with I7 920 and 24 GB of RAM will be attempted later today.

UPDATE: EVGA X58 SLI updated without a hitch too.

Last edited:
Everything went well after this update,

but the Mac App Store is blank and not load nothing (grey background with logo)

and if i click on "account details" in iCloud preferences, i have error “There was an error in iCloud Preferences”

I tried everything but I did not succeed

A problem one day before the update Safari not load pages :-/ (but the the suggested words in the url work!)

Hi

Im not saying that this is definitely the cure for this, but i run high sierra on an unsupported mac pro, not a hack, when i updated to 10.13.2 i lost safari and the app store, even though the network connection was good, the cure was to run Onyx's automation tasks, and it all started to work again after a reboot.

Please note i take no responsibility if this messes up your hack, but it did cure my unsupported mac pro. so proceed with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back