CPU
i7 5820K 4.5
Graphics
Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did use the 10.13.2 Nvidia upgrade but I am trying with the WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104 and it won't let me saying "Mac OS X version 10.13.2 (17C205) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again." Right now OSX is up to date so I don't understand why it won't let me. My current drivers are 378.10.10.10.25.103.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5379 - 1.12 - Clover UEFI 5070
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Did not work at the first time for me
Boot on clover "Install macOS from..." starved at 80 % the end of progression bar

What I did for success :
Restored my disk from a clone
moved my fakesmc.kext from L/E to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (seems to be the success reason)
Downloaded High Sierra update again and then installation was OK
Installed Nvidia drivers (104) from drivers manager after restart

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I am trying with the WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104
I used the Nvidia drivers manager for update to 378.10.10.10.25.104 at reboot and that work (no need to run the Nvidia pkg again)

Motherboard
Custom / ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7 2600k / i3 2310M
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti / HD 3000
Classic Mac
Classic, Color Classic, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Every time I try to run this update it bricks my partition and I have to restore from a backup, can’t repair the file system, can only rescue everything from Linux and erase

Motherboard
gigabyte z68p-ds3
CPU
intel i5 2500k
Graphics
AMD RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Everything went well after this update,

but the Mac App Store is blank and not load nothing (grey background with logo)

and if i click on "account details" in iCloud preferences, i have error “There was an error in iCloud Preferences”

I tried everything but I did not succeed

A problem one day before the update Safari not load pages :-/ (but the the suggested words in the url work!)

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI 2.0
CPU
Intel core i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GEForce GTX 1050TI 4Gb
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Struggling with this update. I waited until the Nvidia drivers (1050 TI) were available. I just updated and a normal boot after the boot hangs near the end. So I am booting in safe mode and that succeeds and I think I need to mount /Volumes/EFI to put fakeSMC in place as per instructions in the initial post. But in safe mode I cannot mount /Volumes/EFI with EFI mounter V3. I have done this many times and I am sure I have the correct drive. "Apple handler failed -1000)" . Any idea how to move past this?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Dropped MATS on config.plist and FakeSMC.txt on EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but i got stucked :rolleyes:

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI 2.0
CPU
Intel core i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GEForce GTX 1050TI 4Gb
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Struggling with this update. I waited until the Nvidia drivers (1050 TI) were available. I just updated and a normal boot after the boot hangs near the end. So I am booting in safe mode and that succeeds and I think I need to mount /Volumes/EFI to put fakeSMC in place as per instructions in the initial post. But in safe mode I cannot mount /Volumes/EFI with EFI mounter V3. I have done this many times and I am sure I have the correct drive. "Apple handler failed -1000)" . Any idea how to move past this?

Ok a got around it. Here is what I ran into and how I fixed it:

1. Stuck at 80% of the boot cycle
2. After that I got a screen with " MacOS could not be installed on you computer" ".....IOSInstall.mpkg... appears to be missing ..."
3. Unable to mount /Volumes/EFI.... to install fakeSMC kext as per thread start instructions.

Here is what I did that got me a round those 2 issues (please read the whole thing if you have trouble):

Problem 3.

- If you boot of the temporary update "partition" in clover you cannot mount /Volume/EFI. You need manually select the standard Clover Mac OS X selection. Then you can mount /Volume/EFI with the EFI mounter V3.
- This allowed me to put the fakeSMC in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- That allowed me to get around the 80% stuck (but please continue to read if you have this)

Problem 2.

- I think because of the all the tinkering and aborted upgrade I ran into the upgrade failing.
- Chose to boot of the old (not upgraded) Partition in Clover and ran the Combo update (not the App Store version) and reapplied the update.
- Now with the fakeSMC in place I could reboot and continue the upgrade. (But please continue to read)

Problem 1.

- Now with the fakeSMC in place I should be able to get around the 80% boot problem
- As a safety measure (???) at each reboot during the upgrade process (I think there are 3) I selected (press space bar in clover before it boots) "Set Nvidia to VESA".
- This caused the upgrade to complete.
- After completion and a full boot I was able to install the new NVIDIA web drivers. (I have an EVGA GTX 1050 TI 4gb)

Now it works like a charm. USB/Audio/Video no extra fixes needed. Hope this helps.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A USB 3.1
CPU
i7 5820K 4.5
Graphics
Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I used the Nvidia drivers manager for update to 378.10.10.10.25.104 at reboot and that work (no need to run the Nvidia pkg again)
It's all now installed and all but I always get random freezes when Nvidia loads in the top menu bar after each restart. Does anyone know how to tell whats going on?

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
It's all now installed and all but I always get random freezes when Nvidia loads in the top menu bar after each restart. Does anyone know how to tell whats going on?
Do not know but no freezes for me -
I used NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 in L/E and I have disabled show Nvidia Drivers manager in menu