Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to 10.13.1 by App Store without any problems.
Everything works well and with stability.
To avoid error during installation of NVIDIA Web Drivers you might choose to enable SIP temporarily. Edit Colver configuration file, set SIP related setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x00.
Reboot.
Once you have got proper version of NVIDIA web drivers follow this procedure:
  • Mount EFI partition of your Clover
  • Edit Colver configuration file, set SIP related setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x67
  • Do not reboot yet!
  • Install Nvidia Web Driver and reboot as installer demands.

Where did you get these nice widgets from?

Word of warning for anyone that has nVidia and a GSYNC monitor. When the option is enabled in the driver, it will cause random crashes, restarting and can hang your system on boot. Avoid it for now, it seems the driver is a bit buggy.

Attachments

• Living-Weather-HD.jpg
    Living-Weather-HD.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
VERY important, BEFORE you install this update, if you are using nvidia web drivers, either uninstall them, or update to the 121 version that fixes the kernel panic on software update bug. else you'll get panic loop issue all over again. either solution is viable. uninstall, or get the 121 driver for 10.13.0 prior to updating that fixes panic.

EDIT
121 I'm dumb
I found that even with the 121 drivers I still got a kernel panic , it would be best to either remove the gpu for the install or remove the drivers completely, for me removing the gpu’s help me get to the desktop then I installed the drivers and rebooted with the gpus connected

I found that even with the 121 drivers I still got a kernel panic , it would be best to either remove the gpu for the install or remove the drivers completely, for me removing the gpu’s help me get to the desktop then I installed the drivers and rebooted with the gpus connected

This seems to happen 99% to beta users having forced 10.13 Webdriver to work under 10.13.1 Beta in the past.
I just got an unaccellerated slowly responding Safe Boot resolution and NVIDIA driver manager itself announced 10.13.1 driver update. After that, this time without any Kernel Signing or Gatekeeper notifications, driver was working fine again.

After OS X GM is out i always leave beta program, cause there is no real need to take every minor upgrade before official launch.

Can't get it up and running ...

- Updated Clover to the latest version
- Installed new apfs into EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- Made sure I had the proper kexts in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other: FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakeSMC.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
- Removed EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi from EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- Update from AppStore (also tried from the update file)
- Reboot into update boot option
-> Missing OSInstall.mpkg error

Any ideas? Where can I remove update caches and temp files so I can start from a clean slate?

My Config: Kaby Lake + iMac18,3 + GTX1080 + custom USBinject SSDT

Update to High Sierra 10.13.1 without any problems. Everything works well and the installation was smooth and fast. Uninstalled the nvidia 10.13 driver to avoid any installtion issue. I have updated the EFI partition with latest Clover r4289, placed the kexts, config.plist from old EFI folder and placed the new apfs.efi in the Drivers64 (as I am using legacy boot option) directory. Then just ran the install and everything went through pretty perfectly!!!

Hi guys, I solved the problem I had with my upgrade, by installing 10.13.1 as new, on a clean disk.

Upgrades are always a risk with our systems, it may go well many times...but other times its a no go! No matter how much you try to solve. It just... happens ;)

All OK now!

Cr*p, layla81! I was really hoping to see a solution to the specific problem, since I've got what sounds like your exact situation...

I can get mine to boot correctly and with the new Nvidia drivers working, but on first reboot it goes into the boot loop. This is definitely somehow related to the emulated NVRAM, but I haven't sorted out precisely how.

(Guessing it may be related to the discovery that goes on with an "empty" emulated NVRAM, and maybe some bogus values that get stuck into the emulated NVRAM and screws up the reboot?)

I'm not even sure my Mobo (Z270x-UD5) needs emulated NVRAM, but I haven't got the system to work properly without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back