Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, eventually did find this too. Did you install this complete update on an existing, working 10.13 boot drive?
Exactly =) Like outlined in my first post.

First replaced apfs and then upgraded successfully.
Audio still working perfectly! (Previously enabled with audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command)

First replaced apfs and then upgraded successfully.
Audio still working perfectly! (Previously enabled with audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command)
Do you see any benefit to the update? The reason I ask, is that at present 13 is so buggy that I am constantly having to restart due to weird unaccountable stuff happening, sometimes a restart nets me a circle slash sign.:banghead: Audio preferences change (the port out changes from "green" to "black" port) wifi turns itself on when I have it turned off, etc... and here's the kicker, I installed Lilu 1.2, AplleALC 1.2 last night and now they are back to to 1.1.4. This is really making me crazy. Can anyone explain this?

Last edited:
I updated from the AppStore too. My system is running atm.

did you try the nv_disable part of my post above yours? And maybe you should look in the ACPI section if the correct table is dropped. Think it's the MATS table you have to drop.

I continue ...
Even with the options you advised me, I still have this error : gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
If you run the update, either from App Store or dmg, and after reboot you don't find the "Install macOS on..." option on clover, it is most likely your disk have CoreStorage enabled and is not compatible.

To disable (in my case, it was a non-destructive procedure), you can do the following:

- diskutil cs info disk0s2, where disk0s2 is your OS disk.
- Search for your Logical Volume UUID (a very long hexadecimal number, with hyphens), and run the following
- sudo diskutil cs revert UUID
ej: sudo diskutil cs revert 4ABC9C0D-005C-46AA-9EC6-5F6798A42D66
- Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (temporal).
- Re-run the update process (App Store or dmg).
- After the reboot, you must see the option in clover.
- After the installation finishes, replace EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

This is also what I had to do - see my post in thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-not-show-install-volume.236099/#post-1619959

I tried a direct update from 10.13, everything was fine after installation, but after first reboot, I'm now stuck in boot loop. Something is wrong for me :(
I would like to take a screenshot of the boot error messages, but they are scrolling too fast before the crash, how can I stop the scrolling messages to take a snapshot?
Pressing "pause/break" doesn't help! Or where can I find the clover bootlog file?
I have access to MAC HD files from a dual boot Windows installation.

To solve I have tried to update clover to latest release - Nothing. I have tried various different fakesmc kext versions... Nothing. Deleted custom DSDT.aml from ACPI clover folder....Nothing. Delete extra kexts in "other" folder... but nothing! Still stuck :(

Thanks.

Last edited:
layla81 :
Maybe try booting with nv_disable=1 and remove the webdriver flag ?

layla81 :
Maybe try booting with nv_disable=1 and remove the webdriver flag ?
Thanks for your suggestion. Actually I'm trying a macos reinstall from the recovery partition...its almost done.
If still stuck after reinstallation I will try also that !

UPDATE: reinstalled from recovery, system booted ok after installation, but at first reboot, still stuck! :(
Tried the nv_disable and a config.plist with web driver unchecked, but nothing :(
I cannot boot my HS anymore, only from recovery partition... and what now, another reinstall? :(

UPDATE 2: I noticed that if I first boot from recovery partition, and then I select my 10.13.1 startup disk, when I try to boot again normally, it goes all fine! If i then reboot, it is stuck again! Anyone have a clue? It seems that when you boot from recovery partition, it does some operation that allow me to boot normally again... but only for the 1st time. What should I do to isolate the problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back