Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone with working CUDA on 1080Ti?

Should be working with newest 378.10.10.10.20.107 Webdriver and CUDA 9.0.222

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-02 um 10.20.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-02 um 10.20.34.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 202
1080Ti not working.

What about perfomance tab?

No idea what should be different on Pascal GP104 vs 102.... i just had to update CUDA from 117 to 222...
Performance tab is also filled with fluid changing information of throughput etc...

For those having problems with the missing OSInstall.mpgk file, just install the standalone update again.

This worked for me!

Tgx

I forgot to uninstall nvidia web and got a boot loop with nv_disable. How can I fix it? Can I remove nvidia web in recovery mode?

This worked on my issue with "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

Audio worked after update as well as graphics.

All good :beachball::clap:

Likewise - after booting back to my 10.13 and manually installing the update, I no longer received the .mpkg error.

my hack is working ok with APFS but a bit slow boot. I have trim enabled but is it possible to disable trim? Maybe that is the issue?

APFS is slow on certain SSDs.
TRIM & APFS not a good idea.
If you want to use TRIM then use HFSJ+.

I did a normal update like a normal Mac!
after making a back up clone
It worked perfectly, it took some time but I was patient! I only had to rebuild the cash, everything working and testing!

I am officially stuck with this update. Note: Using MacPro5,1 but have tried with iMac16,1. The reason why I'm using MacPro5,1 is that it has worked better for me, for example with iTunes movies.

I updated Clover, apfs.kext, shiki/lilu, downloaded the full update from the link provided here, and proceeded to uninstall the NVIDIA driver. I can't remove the emuvariable64, my system won't boot without it. CSR=0

After uninstalling the Nvidia driver, I enable my intel GPU, and use nv_disable=1 when I enter the Install fase from the Clover boot menu.

But the install is stuck, first with 3 x 240 second instances of "kexts stall 'AppleACPIPU'", after 12 minutes of that, it goes on to:

Attachments

• IMG_5655.JPG
    IMG_5655.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 164
You should try downloading the dmg file manually and try to update that way.

Also there is a way to manually provide the mpkg File.
As it was not available yesterday i downloaded the updated Apple 10.13.1 full Install MacOS High Sierra.app from App Store and decompressed the InstallESD.dmg inside the Package Contents, inside this InstallESD.dmg you find the Core and OSInstall.mpgk package, these will also perform the update when copied manually to yourMacOSDisk\System\Installation\Packages\ before restart of update.

OSInstall.mpgk has to be in yourMacOSDisk\System\Installation\Packages\
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1941
That package didn't work at first. Normally I can boot using either AptioFix regular or 2, but now I had to boot using 2.

Booted. Still osinstall.mkpg missing. Reboot

Ran installer again. Then I did this fix from Pike R Alpha:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/08/05/osinstall-mpkg-appears-to-be-missing-or-damaged/

And believe it or not, it was fixed.

This was on my laptop btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back