Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what the size of the download is? I've done the download twice, once at about 977mb and the second time at 1.47gb plus I did a fresh install and went directly into the 10.13.1 update and received the warning below

If the definition of insane is, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, then I am insane.

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpeg
    IMG_5678.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Easy upgrade. Updated Clover, then ran updater from the App Store. On restart, selected "Install macOS from Enterprise," and it did its thing from there. Prompted for NVIDIA drivers after installation, sound intact. Life is good.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 5.55.52 PM.png

Last edited:
- Updated Clover to the latest version
- installed new apfs into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
- Rebooted a twice. Installed new NVIDIA drivers.
- Deleted com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist as it was causing slowdowns, hiccups, and lag.
- All good.

• Downloaded and installed the update from App Store
  • Removed GPU from Mobo
  • Updated nVidia Web Drivers
  • Placed back GPU into Mobo
  • Updated apfs.efi into /drivers64UEFI
Full working.

I was having some issues with KPs because of a kext for a now-incompatible peripheral (le sigh). I had kept it around in the my 10.11 and 10.12 folders under EFI/Clover/kexts, and it might have been in some old cache as well. I solved this by deleting the /OSX Install Data folder, removing the kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/, rebuilding kernelcaches (kextcache -u /; kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; kextache -system-cache), and rerunning the installer for 10.13.1 through the Mac App Store. It doesn't really make sense for me to have to rebuild caches, and my guess is that this did nothing, but I decided to 'go overboard'. Oh, I guess removing the peripheral from my PC could have done it also, but I'm actively using it in Windows.

ED: I'm using AppleALC + lilu to get onboard audio (which I never use, just did it for completeness sake) to work (ALC898 on a Gigabyte Z87-UD4H). The update to 10.13.1 did not affect this at all. I'm experiencing some instability with iTunes but there's already a long thread about that and I don't think it's an issue specific to 10.13.1.

Successful "update" to 10.13.1 from 10.13.0

- Downloaded full macOS 10.13.1 (5 gigs) since the 10.13.1 update gave me the OSInstall.mpkg error.
- Copied over relevant kexts and added apfs.efi to EFI
- Installed macOS 10.13.1, took ~20 minutes and a couple of reboots.
- Flushed kext cache to get audio up and running.
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- Removed kexts from EFI (had to leave apfs.efi in place, since the install upgraded my drive to APFS)
- Rebooted and voilà. =)

EDIT: Added the part where I removed the kexts again.

Last edited:
does anyone know what the size of the download is? I've done the download twice, once at about 977mb and the second time at 1.47gb plus I did a fresh install and went directly into the 10.13.1 update and received the warning below

If the definition of insane is, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, then I am insane.

For me, it took adding FakeSMC.kext to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and removing EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi from the /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI directory and starting the install/update again from the App Store. After installation was complete, I removed FakeSMC.kext and put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back into its original directory.

-bth

Successful "update" to 10.13.1 from 10.13.0

- Downloaded full macOS 10.13.1 (5 gigs) since the 10.13.1 update gave me the OSInstall.mpkg error.
- Copied over relevant kexts and added apfs.efi to EFI
- Installed macOS 10.13.1, took ~20 minutes and a couple of reboots.
- Flushed kext cache to get audio up and running.
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- Removed kexts from EFI (had to leave apfs.efi in place, since the install upgraded my drive to APFS)
- Rebooted and voilà. =)

EDIT: Added the part where I removed the kexts again.
How did you download the full 10.13.1? App Store does not give me the option.

Anyone know how to resolve the mkpg error? I'm not an Nvidia user and I cannot boot without EmuVariableUefi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back