Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That problem is what I have - I have the Installer under Applications already. What do I do with it?

I am having the same issue. Getting this OSInstall.mpkg not found error on updating.

Updated without issues.
Nvidia driver update window appeared after last restart.
Audio, iMessage, etc fully functional.

I’m having the same issue.

Same here as well. Anyone solve ? All I did was update the afps.efi and that is was my only change

Hi,
I downloaded the update from app store.
When I boot and choose install High Sierra from Clover .. the setup screen appears after some minutes saying that the installer (don't remember the correct file name) mpkg can't be found.
it happened also with the Supplemental Update ... I managed to install only after downloading the standalone package.

Any suggestion ?

View attachment 289251
Thanks in advance.
Fabrizio

Fabrizio,
struggled with the same problem, I found a solution that maybe it is only relevant for my motherboard, but that's what I did
  • Mounted EFI
  • Replaced apfs.efi with the updated one (see first post in thread)
  • Moved /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to Desktop (I need it for later)
  • Apple Store : update to 10.13.1
  • Upon reboot, install from "Install macOS from (your drive name)"
  • Installation finalized, reboot to "your drive name" this time
  • Mounted EFI
  • Copied back EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Desktop to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/
  • (for my specific graphic card) Installed new Nvidia drivers
  • reboot

Same here as well. Anyone solve ? All I did was update the afps.efi and that is was my only change

I fixed my issue. I just had to start High Sierra through clover with Nvdia Web Driver disabled. I installed the updated graphics and restarted with it enabled. All works as before.

So, shoud we use TRIM or not in APFS SSD?
I'm using it without a problem so far, but...

Trim is okay with some SSDs with HFSJ+.
APFS is okay with certain SSDs some has issues.
I wouldn't recommend migrating to APFS its new and has bugs.

Can you check your Pixel Depth: in GPU area of System Report. As i have HD3000 Mobile and HD4400 Desktop both has Pixel Depth of 24bit in High Sierra which sometime causes Graphics issue like 1080p HD Video on Youtube not working in Safari. Can your confirm the same.

Onboard iGPU HD4000 has no problems.
HD 3000 has issues in 10.13.
Not tried 10.13.1 yet.
Problems I had with HD3000 is artefacts & Black Screen Problem out of Sleep State due to a IGPU problem in 10.13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back