Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TOnymac!

I have an early 2009 MAC PRO (updated to 5.1 with the installer that is in the internet...) I have updated Sierra to 10.13.1 and now my 970GTX doesn't work!!! I have this error when trying to install new NVIDIA webdrivers:

"Mac OS X version 10.13.1 (17B48) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information."

I've tried lots of them.. anyone works... what can I do?? I'm really busy with tons of work and now this problem will get me crazy!! please help!! :(

thank you so much!!

Dude read the first post
They told us there are no NVIDIA Drivers yet

If your in a pinch boot -x
Safe boot

does sudo trimforce enable 1 work to apfs? on 1013.1

No.
Recommend not using TRIM with APFS.
APFS on a hack isn't a good idea.
Better to stay with HFSJ+.

OK! Everything works great on laptop 10.13.1 (17B48) ;)
For PC hack I'll wait for Nvidia drivers.

Worked also for me. Well
Now i'm with 10.13.1 (17B48).
Ps: Audio worked without problems.
No problem booting from my nvme pcie disk with modified BIOS for my Asus Rampage IV Black Edition (X79)

I updated from the AppStore. I had to reinstall ALC sound, but eveything else seems to be working.

No.
Recommend not using TRIM with APFS.
APFS on a hack isn't a good idea.
Better to stay with HFSJ+.

Can you explain why APFS is not good idea on hack?
I'm on APFS on laptop and PC for a couple of months and don't see any problems(just had to disable trim)

Thx

Thanks Tony!!! Clover, apfs.efi. Update all. Zero drama.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 7.14.11 PM.png

VERY important, BEFORE you install this update, if you are using nvidia web drivers, either uninstall them, or update to the 221 version that fixes the kernel panic on software update bug. else you'll get panic loop issue all over again. either solution is viable. uninstall, or get the 221 driver for 10.13.0 prior to updating that fixes panic.
Do you have a link to 221 driver?

OK: this is weird. on 10.13 and tried the store update. Did its thing and rebooted... but Clover does NOT show the "Install os from ..." volume. So I downloaded the full installer. It to. looked just fine, did its thing... and on the Clover boot screen still does not show the "Install..." volume. Power on/offs. Nothing seems to work. I've tried half a dozen times. Clover screen doesn't show the install, so all I can to is boot back into 10.13, and I cannot install the update.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back