1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Weird one this. I was putting off the update as I did not have the time to fix whatever the update might break but was not paying attention when switching off and it ran the update. Now I get the Apple logo, loads roughly 70% and then restarts so. I tried safe boot but no difference. Tried to start from recovery and that worked. Loaded into clover and disabled all the kexts but same result.

Only creating this post as I noticed people posting very different problems.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Boot into verbose mode. When you see bootloader, press space bar and then -v to boot in verbose mode. Post a screenshot right before the restart or record a video clip of that debug if processing is fast.

Weird one this. I was putting off the update as I did not have the time to fix whatever the update might break but was not paying attention when switching off and it ran the update. Now I get the Apple logo, loads roughly 70% and then restarts so. I tried safe boot but no difference. Tried to start from recovery and that worked. Loaded into clover and disabled all the kexts but same result.

Only creating this post as I noticed people posting very different problems.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm having this EXACT same issue. The updates available banner came up and I clicked the Remind me... and chose 1 hour just to dismiss it. I came home and I was booted into my Sierra SSD. I rebooted into my HS SSD and saw it was doing an update. I let it finish and it's doing this same boot loop you described. Also tried Safe Mode, no change. Recovery partition does work.

It does reboot very quickly, I took a video and scrubbed to the last line when it rebooted. Here's what it is:
fD63ZUF.png

Interesting because I'm using an OEM iMac card with combo bluetooth and wifi. Works OOB. Not sure what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back