Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

In the meantimes...

• Copy the file /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist on your desktop.
• Open it with PlistEdit Pro (or similar app), change NVDARequiredOS from 16G1314 to 16G1408 and save the modified Info.plist.
• Copy it back to its original location, overwriting the old one.
Rebuild the kext cache and restart

Voilà... ;)

In the meantimes...

• Copy the file /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist on your desktop.
• Open it with PlistEdit Pro (or similar app), change NVDARequiredOS from 16G1314 to 16G1408 and save the modified Info.plist.
• Copy it back to its original location, overwriting the old one.
Rebuild the kext cache and restart

Voilà... ;)
but i uninstall the old driver, even more, i can not find the file before i uninstall, is there anyway to install the previous version on it?

Does the gtx 980 work with Sierra 10.12.6? I did the updates and drivers for siera. My build recognizes the card then on boot up after the Apple logo goes away then the monitor goes into to sleep mode. (I can still log into this computer via screen share from another Mac) I know it’s not the monitor malfunctioning becuase I ran test with other set ups and it works just fine. What am I missing?
Can’t get it to turn on unless I turn off the nvidia web driver... I can’t find any solutions so far. Can any one help or has anyone else had this problem.

Asus x99 deluxe
32gb ddr4 ram
500gb Ssd
Nvidia gtx 980 4gb ram
i7 6 core intel
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Does the gtx 980 work with Sierra 10.12.6? I did the updates and drivers for siera. My build recognizes the card then on boot up after the Apple logo goes away then the monitor goes into to sleep mode. (I can still log into this computer via screen share from another Mac) I know it’s not the monitor malfunctioning becuase I ran test with other set ups and it works just fine. What am I missing?
Can’t get it to turn on unless I turn off the nvidia web driver... I can’t find any solutions so far. Can any one help or has anyone else had this problem.

Asus x99 deluxe
32gb ddr4 ram
500gb Ssd
Nvidia gtx 980 4gb ram
i7 6 core intel
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Not a Help thread - See Post #2.

after update and reboot i see black screen..
help me

Security update 2018-005 (as of Oct 31, 2018). Sysdef iMac 14,2.

The update went well except that it killed my latest web drivers 378.05.05.25f10 for Asus GTX1050 Ti. Searching gave me the answer for that: brand new OS build (16G1618). The drivers were fine and dandy but the kext responsible for their use wouldn't allow it and switch to default OS drivers.

This solution helped me to get the drivers working again: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/7sr4vv/nvidia_web_drivers_and_you_a_patching_guide_for/

As of now, the download section shows the latest nVidia drivers for Sierra marked as 378.05.05.25f11. Haven't tried those.

Back