Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

My suggestion is to make sure everything is current before upgrading - from system "stuff" to installed software. There is no step-by-step guide as the essentials are: check all your kexts to make sure you have the latest versions, if there is anything "broken," fix that before upgrading, upgrade any installed software, then check the High Sierra install guide for anything you might need to know.
Thanks

After the update i have freezes in MAIL. Its like a sleep mode.

Can anybody help me with an hint?

I am using clover.

Thx,
Efe

Can anyone help me on why my start time has increased to 2 minutes? I haven't made any chances to the computer.

Attachments

• EFI HACK.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 170
I would look at doing some disk checks in the first instance with Disk utility.
What makes you think it's a MacOS issue? Do you mean run first aid in Disk utility?

To me, the slow down seems to be in the bios launch and clover startup time. Once the Apple screen appears with the process bar it boots up quickly from there

What makes you think it's a MacOS issue? Do you mean run first aid in Disk utility?

To me, the slow down seems to be in the bios launch and clover startup time. Once the Apple screen appears with the process bar it boots up quickly from there

Clover EFI partition is part of the main drive so worth a check. Have you updated Clover recently?

Clover EFI partition is part of the main drive so worth a check. Have you updated Clover recently?
I haven't updated clover since I did a clean install to 10.12.6. Should I update it?

It’s unlikely that’s the issue if it’s been working fine up until recently. I however always update my clover as this has never caused me issues. Your mileage may vary.

I've also noticed a long boot time.. This is with Clover 4411. Going to try 4439 see if it helps.

Back