Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

I managed to update the lilu.kext. If you could explain how to maintain all these kext files, that would be great.

To maintain kexts, simply search for them and update as necessary. There's no utility to do so that I'm aware of.

Also, the good people here, when updates come out, might make note of certain kexts that may need updating prior to installing a system update. Clover is also something that you should update (if needed) prior to any system updates. Lilu has been a kext that, of late, needed updating, along with Shiki.

Could someone please help me? New to hackintosh here also. Performed the latest security update and afterwards stuck on this loop. Read the last post and updated lilu.kext. anyone have an idea of what I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_4232.JPG
    IMG_4232.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 217
Could someone please help me? New to hackintosh here also. Performed the latest security update and afterwards stuck on this loop. Read the last post and updated lilu.kext. anyone have an idea of what I should do?

It's nice to know i'm NOT alone.
Having same issue after installing an update.

Have managed to use SafeMode to boot up (and search here).
I'm guessing i need to update Lilu....
Scarey time... as i've been putting off going to 10.13 since it bricks my machine...... an now on 10.12 i have to try to update these kexts while trying to ensure the machine will be bootable. Eeeeek.

Still the wrong version of Lilu.kext - you should be using 1.2.1.

It's nice to know i'm NOT alone.
Having same issue after installing an update.

Have managed to use SafeMode to boot up (and search here).
I'm guessing i need to update Lilu....
Scarey time... as i've been putting off going to 10.13 since it bricks my machine...... an now on 10.12 i have to try to update these kexts while trying to ensure the machine will be bootable. Eeeeek.
If 10.13 is "bricking" your box, your kexts are requiring update (provided your Clover setup is correct as well) and/or relocation (from L/E to C/k/o for community kexts).

Still the wrong version of Lilu.kext - you should be using 1.2.1.

If 10.13 is "bricking" your box, your kexts are requiring update (provided your Clover setup is correct as well) and/or relocation (from L/E to C/k/o for community kexts).

Thanks for the help. I updated to Lilu 1.2.1 in clover. I’m assuming I need to go back and update it in system library also. Sorry still learning here.

Lilu should only be in one place - either Clover (I feel that's best), or L/E, but NOT both. That could cause issues for you later.

Lilu should only be in one place - either Clover (I feel that's best), or L/E, but NOT both. That could cause issues for you later.

Correct setup is:
- all "essential" kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (that may include Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, FakeSMC.kext, Ethernet kext, others)
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"
- all kexts you need (superset of "essential") installed to /L/E

Last edited:
I'm still learning too... ;)

Just wanted to thank you RehabMan and JCMunsonII. I got home and deleted the Lilu kext from the Library/ Ext folder. That was what was causing the issue,the duplicate Lilu kext being in both places. After that I had to apply AGDPFix again. and then applied the update. My OSXWifi Card also came in so another added bonus today is I now have handoff!

Back