Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

Hi,

not so smooth... Gigabyte H170M-D3H with a i3 6100 running intel hd graphics

IMG_2221.PNG

The update seems kinda fast, even too fast, and after reboot it was this glory, here is a pic in verbose mode

EDIT: seems like tom.humphrey is having the same issue as me in page 40

No issues updating

Kinda late, since I've been running 10.12.2 without any problems for some time, but it got to the point where I needed a newer Metal version so I decided to update to 10.12.6. Anyway my procedure was:

1) Downloaded an updated Clover from Sourceforge, and installed the package. Took a few moments.
2) Installed the 10.12.6 combo updater from Apple. Took maybe 5 minutes or so? (On SSD here.)

Everything survived (sound, trim, etc.) with no apparent issues. Well, Clover is quite ugly now...I guess I could re-install a theme or something, but I see it for a second during boot-up so it's not exactly high-priority.

Finally returned to finish the update 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. I am running NVMe as boot drive so the EFI folder has to be copied back to the boot drive. Also found the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ very helpful in fixing the lack of FaceTime / iMessages. I have unfortunately developed an intermittent hum on the speakers.

Also the annoying "3rd monitor" resolved after the update for the NVIDIA web drivers. This was especially annoying when moving apps between screens. If I didn't move fast enough I would loose the window into the non-existent screen. Apparently something went wonky with the monitor configuration when connecting and later disconnecting the IGFX port.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 11.27.43 copy.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 11.27.43 copy.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Is this the final update for MacOS Sierra?
Yes, per Apple help desk conversation just a couple days ago.

Did v.6 'live' upgrade from App Store with no problems, just reinstalled my audio kext via Multibeast.

Whew, successful, non-even update to 10.12.6... it always nervous's me though.

10.12.6.png

I decided that instead of updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 and removing the FakeCPUID, etc. I would just rebuild from scratch with macOS 10.12.6 downloaded from the App Store. Before I reformatted the SSD, I modified the config.plist to remove the FakeCPUID, chose iMac18,3 7700K with new serial numbers (system serial and board serial), SMUUID on SMBIOS screen, ROM and MLB on Rt Variables screen (for iMessages).

The whole process went extremely well and everything is working after installing the Nvidia Web Driver for 10.12.6.View attachment 267815

FrontGear, Do you have a guide you follow to install?

everything went well .. I'm going to restart and I only see this(i see only Windows partition and the MacintoshHD and recoveryHD are hide!!)! Why? How to fix?
in addition, after installing those two kexts I paste the hd530 text from github link like in a video in my config.plist.. which I found to be for portable PCs, is for this?

Back