Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

Successfully upgraded on my i5 6500, gigabyte h170 wifi board, GTX 1050 ti. Only had to reinstall the graphics driver.

I still have audio issues after waking from sleep and the machine restarts instead of shutting down, but those issues were present before.

Successfully updated.
Since I boot from a Samsung 960 NVMe, I was worried the drive won't boot before patching NVMeFamily.kext, as I couldn't patch it prior to the update. Probably because I've had the SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml file already installed, it booted normally and asked to update my Nvidia web drivers. I then patched the NVMeFamily.kext to the most recent version. After reboot I've had to re-enable TRIM.

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Thanks BreBO, tried all of problem 6 a few times but i ended up with blank screen after boot...im wondering if using the latest clover v2.4 is clashing with how i installed it all in the first place with multibeast and clover configurator.........Do i have to install the web drivers for a GTX-780 if its meant to work natively.....sorry for going a bit off topic but this is doing my nut in.........Anyone!!!!

Everything looks OK after update! Sound Check nvidia and cuda drivers check!

Specs:
z170 pro gaming
nvidia 1070
6700k i7

Just nervously updated my x99-aii 6800k hackintosh. Updated the Nvidia drivers and didn't have to do anything else and everything seems to be working fine. Also working with dual monitors.

Thank you. Are you able to paste the output of "kextstat | grep nvidia" from terminal?

[EDIT after very long, long time]: Looks like it really doesn't work for you with native driver, does it? ;-) As expected.

Last edited:
Hi amitbapat, I have the same GTX 780 as you, can I ask how you got your card to work natively. I can only get my card to show up correctly in "overview" after installing the web drivers 16G29, but am baffled why this is if it works natively,,,also in the nvidia driver manager preference it will only show "OS X default graphics driver" ticked and will not let me change it.

This was a fresh install straight to 10.12.6 using tonymac guide.

GTX 780 Works Natively. No Edits or Mods needed.

No problems on my Lenovo ThinkServer. My GPU is the GT 740 -- so nothing special there to cause problems.

Back