Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

Can those with 5th-gen I7s (5820K in particular) confirm please? Values in Intel Power Gadget and output of AppleIntelInfo.kext would be great... Thanks

Update went well but indeed no powermanagement anymore :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 21.55.58.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 21.55.58.png
    453.6 KB · Views: 229
updated directly from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6 with app store works fine for amd rx 480 no need to edit kexts now ...and i used hckrnvmefamily.10.12.4 kext only for this update worked great .. here is a screen shot from lumark bench right side window is the new bench compared to old bench on left from 10.12.4 slight performance decrease for me.View attachment 267622

Hey Bro Whether you can edit R9 xxx to RX 480 after update to 10.12.6 ?!

I updated with no issues.

One thing though, I am able to use the 3.0 USB ports. However, when I use the USB 3.0 (3.1) stick where I have the macOS installation, the system does not mount the usb drive. It does work with any other USB 2.0 or 3.0 sticks. Any idea?

Last edited:
Updated, and didn't go so well.. 1st Cant log in with my main account, it gets to the login screen I put in my password and then the beachball spins and spins and spins, Ive let it sit for over an hour no go, so I got creative and managed to log into guest account where I then created a new admin account.. Success but now my bluetooth Magic Mouse crashes overtime I try to modify the preferences. I click on the mouse icon and the whole pref pane just crashes ? to make matters worse I need to restore a backup for my wife iPhone and I can't seem to get it.. Any ideas on how to reactivate my main account or why the mouse pref is crashing? running on Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 / i7-6700K SkyLake / Nvidia Titan GTX / 16gig corsair ram / 1TB Samsung SSD / 4) 6TB WD Storage.

****Update: Fixed the mouse or should I say It fixed itself ? Still can't log into orig account

Last edited:
If you use KextBeast to install these two kext Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into your Library/Extensions folder then you can just update NVIDIA and reboot, no need for AGDPfix after each update.
If you install Lilu.kext and it's plugins to L/E or S/L/E instead of CLOVER/kexts, then you may want/need to also include LiluFriend
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...not-function-correctly-under-system-locations
to make them load as early as possible.

Hey Guys,

I am stuck with the 10.12.6 update.
Used the Mac App Store to do the update from very well running 10.12.5 and now I am stuck with a kernel panic before the update process starts.

I attached the photo of the panic maybe some one can make some sens of it.

My rig has the following components:
Asrock Z170M Extreme4 Mobo
1080 GTX
TP-Link PCIe Wifi
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD

This config was running flawless with 10.12.5

Things I tried but didn't work:
- boot in verbose, safe mode, without injecting kexts
- removing the fakecpu id to have native Kaby Lake support
- boot with nv_disable=1

I am using 14.2 iMac SMBIOS.

I suspect the 950 Pro NMVe ssd is maybe the cause of the problem.
I found a Clover config.plist kext patch at Piker Alpha:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

Can this patch fix the kernel panic?

Help me pls
I would like to avoid a clean install of the system if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
nice and clean .....thanks tonymacx86 :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.23.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.23.50 PM.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 135
Back