Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

There is no sound after the upgrade (ALC 662, ApplaHDA).

I was able to update without problems, rebooted into 10.12.6 with the fakeid for skylake. Then edit the config.plist to switch to native kaby lake (following advice here), rebooted again, it didn't boot. Now even if I put the old (skylake injecting) config.plist I get:

Mach-O file has bad magic number 0x0
Error Loading kernel cache (0x1)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting..

I'm able to mount the hfs+ partition as read-only from Linux and it seems that it is fine.

I've tried, -f -x -s with the same result, any idea?

Edit: boot with my 10.12.5 install USB and chroot + kextcache -update-volume seems to fix it, at least for the old skylake config.plist

Edit2: it seems that the first time it booted but without graphics, so when I hardreset I interrupted the kextcache auto update corrupting the precompiled kernel image. Changing the ig-platform-id to 0x59160000 to and the IntelGFX FakeID to 0x59168086 fixed it. Alienware 13 R3 working as MacBookPro 14,3 :D

Last edited:
Updated my LTS XPS9360 install guide to 10.12.6.
Now running with native KBL kexts, there's a very noticeable performance boost.
Geekbench CPU score was 8300, now is 8850.
Compute GPU score was 17000, now is 19500.

That's really, really good.

Worked like a charm!

Going to try Nvidia driver hack in this in 10.13 a.s.a.p.

We owe Tech Hero a shot and some beer!

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.55.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Do we have native NVME support ? or we still need Patch ?

No native NVMe support yet.

W/ regard to this update & Kaby Lake/200-series boards, are there any Clover-based ACPI/DSDT patches that should be removed as those "functions" might now be supported? Also, is RehabMan/Toledo's native power management still needed? EDIT: Also is the custom USB port patch still needed...

Updated from App Store without any issue.
PM.png

Optiplex 7010 updated from App Store with no issues.
7akNhLv.png

Last edited:
Back