CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Could someone please help me? New to hackintosh here also. Performed the latest security update and afterwards stuck on this loop. Read the last post and updated lilu.kext. anyone have an idea of what I should do?

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700k
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
Could someone please help me? New to hackintosh here also. Performed the latest security update and afterwards stuck on this loop. Read the last post and updated lilu.kext. anyone have an idea of what I should do?
It's nice to know i'm NOT alone.
Having same issue after installing an update.

Have managed to use SafeMode to boot up (and search here).
I'm guessing i need to update Lilu....
Scarey time... as i've been putting off going to 10.13 since it bricks my machine...... an now on 10.12 i have to try to update these kexts while trying to ensure the machine will be bootable. Eeeeek.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Still the wrong version of Lilu.kext - you should be using 1.2.1.

It's nice to know i'm NOT alone.
Having same issue after installing an update.

Have managed to use SafeMode to boot up (and search here).
I'm guessing i need to update Lilu....
Scarey time... as i've been putting off going to 10.13 since it bricks my machine...... an now on 10.12 i have to try to update these kexts while trying to ensure the machine will be bootable. Eeeeek.
If 10.13 is "bricking" your box, your kexts are requiring update (provided your Clover setup is correct as well) and/or relocation (from L/E to C/k/o for community kexts).

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Still the wrong version of Lilu.kext - you should be using 1.2.1.

If 10.13 is "bricking" your box, your kexts are requiring update (provided your Clover setup is correct as well) and/or relocation (from L/E to C/k/o for community kexts).
Thanks for the help. I updated to Lilu 1.2.1 in clover. I’m assuming I need to go back and update it in system library also. Sorry still learning here.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Lilu should only be in one place - either Clover (I feel that's best), or L/E, but NOT both. That could cause issues for you later.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Lilu should only be in one place - either Clover (I feel that's best), or L/E, but NOT both. That could cause issues for you later.
Correct setup is:
- all "essential" kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (that may include Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, FakeSMC.kext, Ethernet kext, others)
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect"
- all kexts you need (superset of "essential") installed to /L/E

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm still learning too... ;)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just wanted to thank you RehabMan and JCMunsonII. I got home and deleted the Lilu kext from the Library/ Ext folder. That was what was causing the issue,the duplicate Lilu kext being in both places. After that I had to apply AGDPFix again. and then applied the update. My OSXWifi Card also came in so another added bonus today is I now have handoff!

Motherboard
Gigabyte-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700k
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
I got 10.12 working after updating the kexts. I was running some older versions... but ALSO although i had previously updated some kexts... i realized they were located in several locations.. and were getting picked up from the wrong location.

I now need to try moving to 10.13... but the bricking i was referring to earlier appears to relate to the NVME fix i had to include in 10.12. I believe NNVM's are now natively supported in High Sierra ? SO i have to work out HOW to backout that code.... or if i just have to update it to latest.

When i try to install, the first reboot brings up a whole bunch of crazy characters across the screen... and it hangs.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I didn't install with an NVME, so I cannot help with that.