Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I updated a while ago. it all went pretty smooth and easy. All I have noticed since the update is that my hackintosh does not turn off anymore. After a shutdown it turns its self on again after a short while. Sleep however works fine.

Power management is always a tricky thing. Any suggestions for where I should start?

Regards,
David

Great - works like a charm!

- NVIDIA Driver Update!
- m.2 SSD Update!

Thx to all involved :)

so finally i've gone to L/E and delete Lilu & IntelGraphicsFixup kexts and reinstall them via KextBeast
now it works fine.

thanks!

Could you be more specific where you added the kext to which folder?

I am assuming EFI/Clover/Kext/10.12?

thanks

Could you be more specific where you added the kext to which folder?

I am assuming EFI/Clover/Kext/10.12?

thanks
Library/Extensions

Library/Extensions

I had already a running Sierra 10.12.4 system with a M.2 SSD installed.

The kext was installed already...
EFI Boot partition -> EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER -> HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext

a) upgrade process via App Store for Sierra 10.12.5
b) Download the patch-nvme-Master ZIP -> run the sh script and the kext was new build or upgraded for the 10.12.5 "./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_5"
c) Download the new NVIDIA Driver if needed
d) final reboot

thats what I did for my system!

Good Luck!

...The kext was installed already...
I put my HackrNVMeFamily kext in /L/E/, and it works fine with it there.

I had already a running Sierra 10.12.4 system with a M.2 SSD installed.

The kext was installed already...

a) upgrade process via App Store for Sierra 10.12.5
b) Download the patch-nvme-Master ZIP -> run the sh script and the kext was new build or upgraded for the 10.12.5 "./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_5"
c) Download the new NVIDIA Driver if needed
d) final reboot

thats what I did for my system!

Good Luck!

Excellent info DonaldBC...

1) does anybody have a link to the patch-nvme-Master ZIP?

2) Can someone enlighten me on how to "run the sh script"? I am assuming I can open in Xcode and change to

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_5 somewhere in a line of script.

I put my HackrNVMeFamily kext in /L/E/, and it works fine with it there.

Stork, Like everyone else I am trying to get my build as Vanilla as possible...I am assuming the Path is Hard Drive/Library/Extensions for the system...

I am also trying to find the correct HackrNVMeFamily kext. I have been digging thru threads all morning looking for the link to this thread if anyone can post it. Just want to make sure I download the correct one...
thanks

Stork, Like everyone else I am trying to get my build as Vanilla as possible...I am assuming the Path is Hard Drive/Library/Extensions for the system...

I am also trying to find the correct HackrNVMeFamily kext. I have been digging thru threads all morning looking for the link to this thread if anyone can post it. Just want to make sure I download the correct one...
thanks
I gave you a link in my Gene User Build thread. Read it an create your own HackrNVMeFamily kext as described in the guide. As they say in the military, RTFM! ;)

I gave you a link in my Gene User Build thread. Read it an create your own HackrNVMeFamily kext as described in the guide. As they say in the military, RTFM! ;)

Roger that LOL...thanks for the clarification...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back