Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,

I've removed the ASUS GTX970 and am trying to boot. I'm retrying so I can set nv_disable=1.

:( I tried the Apple logo a while ago and now can't remove it to see the normal boot-v. Also I noticed the red light on the Wifi / Bluetooth card is off at boot yet on if the system is powered off via front panel.

Also I discovered the HD connected to a port that should be unavailable when NVMe is installed. I have not had opportunity to retest system with proper cabling.

I updated and rebooted using Rehabman's NVMe script added to config.plist so I could install the new NVIDIA drivers. While there I created the HackrNVMeFamily kept with spoofing, added it to Clover/Kexts/Other (removed old version) and left the IONVMeFamily.kext where it was in S/L/E

Now when I try to boot I get the following:
View attachment 257442
Then seconds later this:
View attachment 257441

Any ideas?

I get exactly the same issue but I have not performed the steps outlined by Rehabman. I was never able to boot into macOS after the os update.
Thus I'm guessing you missed a step.
I thought you had to put the generated kext into SLE for it to work.

Update: A random reboot issue seems to be solved for me, after doing a permissions fix and rebooting once more.
I'll keep you guys posted if I see anything else.

Looks like you didn't implement the class-code spoof properly.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Also, keep in mind that if you have FakeSMC.kext installed to to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect (both typical), kexts you put in EFI/Clover/kexts are ignored.

Didn't put FakeSMC in S/L/M, but screwed the pooch on the spoof install. Any way to rescue the fiasco? if I boot into my backup, I don't even see the Volume so that I can try removing IONVMeFamily

Didn't put FakeSMC in S/L/M, but screwed the pooch on the spoof install. Any way to rescue the fiasco? if I boot into my backup, I don't even see the Volume so that I can try removing IONVMeFamily
This not a help thread. Post your problem in RehabMan's thread in the General Hardware forum section. TIA.

Updated through App Store, restarted, updated NVIDIA drivers through prompt that came up upon login, and everything was working. I thought AppleALC would be removed, but I assume it didn't get removed since it's in my kexts/other folder in the EFI. Also, I saw someone post earlier that their IOGear Bluetooth stopped working with the update. I believe they have resolved the issue, but I unplugged it before the update and re-plugged it when the update was complete without problems.

I've got a Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI with a Core i7-4770. I updated to Clover 4077 before updating with the combo update and get stuck with a slow progress bar and eventually a black screen. Booting up with Clover from the UniBeast USB drive and selecting my hard drive works perfectly. I've tried downgrading Clover to 4049, but still see the same behavior.

Update went smoothly, but after 2nd reboot my Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI install would boot to black screen. Tried various bootflags, settings changes in Clover Bootloader. Nothing helped.

[KERNEL PANIC AFTER]:
Code:
busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait (0): 'AppleACPICPU'

[SOLUTION]:
Then I decided to boot with Sierra installer USB, and viola! Booted NO PROBLEM!

In macOS, I then mounted EFI of both USB, and SSD. Copied EFI folder from USB to SSD, now boots no problem.
It broke sound, but I use Audio USB interface anyway.

Before deleting SSD's EFI folder, I took a look, and saw folder /EFI/EFI/APPLE/ it had 3 folders, with bunch of *.smc and *.efi files. My guess is that this is what crashed macOS.

General practice: After successful install and debugging, MAKE a back up of working EFI folder. Will save tears and hours later down the rabbit hole.

I've got a Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI with a Core i7-4770. I updated to Clover 4077 before updating with the combo update and get stuck with a slow progress bar and eventually a black screen. Booting up with Clover from the UniBeast USB drive and selecting my hard drive works perfectly. I've tried downgrading Clover to 4049, but still see the same behavior.

Check my post above. Let me know if that works for you. No need to downgrade clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back