Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update was smooth as butter for me. Updated Clover, then downloaded and installed the update through app store. Rebooted and then updated the nvidia driver. All good!

Hi, I just installed 12.5 update, now it gives me bootloop. I installed Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext using kext utility before the update.

Deskmini 110W
i3-6100
Clover 4061
16gb DDR4 2133
Toshiba 256GB Nvme SSD
DW1560 BCM94352Z WIFI&Bluetooth

I attached -v -x screenshot

I am still on 10.12.4, and Clover 4049.
But I tried twice to upgrade to Clover 4061 and ended up with exactly the same boot screen halt as you have posted.
So again I had to downgrade to Clover 4049 which works fine for me.

The next step is to try to upgrade the OS 10 10.12.5 (but keeping Clover at 4049).

Problem in post #230 solved by putting Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsfix.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/.

Thanks to mag98esq

No issue here with update from 10.12.4. Only required Nvidia driver update which was detected and updated on start-up.

Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics (Skylake & Kabylake) users:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot. If you can't boot to desktop after updating, uncheck Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:

When you reach the desktop, install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:

Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You may also install the kexts before you update. The addition of these kexts should allow you to boot- we are looking into using Clover's KextstoPatch for a permanent solution.

Please post a reply if this has/hasn't worked for your system. :thumbup:

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3#entry2418219

I tried this, but still get hang on boot

For my setting GA-H170N-WIFI / i7-6700 / HD 530:

Not work (Stucked at about 70% of the Apple loading screen):
Drag Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into /Library/Extensions.
Note:
1. Tried KextBeast.
2. Tried AppleStore update & Combo update.
3. Tried update Clover and MultiBeast with rebuild.

Works:
Drag Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into volume EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
Note:
1. May need to restart a second time to prove the result. As I got black screen on my 1st restart after adding the patches.
2. Display resolution will fall back to OS default again. Have to redo the patch to make 4K options available again.

Last edited:
Hi, I have black screen after update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.5.

Tried copy Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but no result.
Tried Safe Mode, same black screen (no cursor)

Anybody can help me ?
My config : Asus P8Z68 motherboard, GTX 650 1Go, Clover 3766, i5 and 16 Go Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back