Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via AppStore. Forgot to update Clover.
System boots, but I have black screen after. Managed to connect through VNC, it runs as it did before, except lower resolution and not showing anything on a monitor.
Updated Clover, no success.
Updated CUDA, no success.
Tried NVIDIA Alternate drivers, no success.
Tried NvidiaGraphicsFixup, no success.

Any ideas? I guess I'll backup from Time Machine for now.

Actually thought this was my post as it is so similar to something i posted during my 10.12.4 update. The AGDP fix should fix you up...

updated via appstore. didn't update clover initially.

boots but the desktop looks like it's a solarized effect - can't distinguish the menu items... :(

If I boot by setting nvidia to vesa it works with the right colors but acts as it's having 500kb of ram :) flikery (is that a word?)

Anyways - I have a nvidia gt 620 and an older 610 that I can also try

If i run multibeast i get an installation failed when it reaches the nvidia part. same if I try the new nvidia driver install.

haven't tried nvidia-web-driver-updater yet

I'd really hate to start looking for another graphics card - any solution out there?

Thanks!

COSMOS654,
Does this work with 10.12.5? (the only problem with this fix is, if Clover is updated, does this not break the fix??) I.E. newest Clover is needed for Kext signing at least for 10.12.4, at least it was, but again this has not been addressed, (the need for Clover updating), with this thread. Current version is 4069
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218062/

I just updated my hack to 10.12.5 without any glitch (I just needed to reboot a second time at login + update Nvidia drivers)
The update doesn't break anything in EFI folder.
The fix "duplicate boot entries" evoked in my message is always working.
About Clover update, I did a re-install and as I imagined, it re-create a "boot" folder into EFI folder (that's logical)
You just need to copy the new "BOOTX64.EFI" from BOOT folder to LAUNCHER folder and erase BOOT foder - see image here (don't forget to create manually a boot entry into EasyUEFI pointing to LAUNCHER folder)

Attachments

• boot.png
    boot.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Hi, I was having some significant Apple ID issues, and couldn't access App Store updates, so I downloaded the 10.12.5 install program and used the latest Unibeast to do a clean install, then restored from Time Machine and copied over my backup config.plist. Now I don't have Bluetooth or audio. Config.plist is attached. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 252
Had issues with the nvidia web drivers (1050ti). Frozen by longer inactivity. Then my audio drivers made problems (ALC892). Reinstalled Sierra with 10.12.4 combo update and the "old" nvidia web drivers.

I have updated my Hackintosh (Desktop) with 10.12.5, before rebooting have fixed the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. When rebooting I had to use the nv_disable=1 argument in order to get into Finder at all. My graphics card would suddenly not be recognized (GT 730, 2GB), it was working well with Q/E and Metal enabled in 10.12.4.
I updated the NVIDIA Drivers (378.05.05.15f01) when I was back in Finder. Rebooted. Still no way to get into Finder without nv_disable=1 flag, GT 730 not be recognized at all.
I reverted back to 10.12.4, kept the updated NVIDIA Drivers for 10.12.5 (changing the NVDIARequiredOS flag in NVDAStartupWeb.kext to be blank), and could boot without any problems back into Finder with GT 730 be fully recognized as Q/E and Metal at 1920x1080 and with the new NVIDIA Drivers.
Any ideas ?

I have updated my Hackintosh (Desktop) with 10.12.5, before rebooting have fixed the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. When rebooting I had to use the nv_disable=1 argument in order to get into Finder at all. My graphics card would suddenly not be recognized (GT 730, 2GB), it was working well with Q/E and Metal enabled in 10.12.4.
I updated the NVIDIA Drivers (378.05.05.15f01) when I was back in Finder. Rebooted. Still no way to get into Finder without nv_disable=1 flag, GT 730 not be recognized at all.
I reverted back to 10.12.4, kept the updated NVIDIA Drivers for 10.12.5 (changing the NVDIARequiredOS flag in NVDAStartupWeb.kext to be blank), and could boot without any problems back into Finder with GT 730 be fully recognized as Q/E and Metal at 1920x1080 and with the new NVIDIA Drivers.
Any ideas ?
I thought the GT 730 works without the Web Drivers (I know my GT 710 does). You shouldn't need to install/use the web drivers.

try using only nvda_drv=1 and nothing else

I thought the GT 730 works without the Web Drivers (I know my GT 710 does). You shouldn't need to install/use the web drivers.

try using only nvda_drv=1 and nothing else

Yes, I had no NVIDA driver before in 10.12.4 and it worked well. That's when I did my very first update through App Store. Same problem when getting into Finder, GT 730 would not be recognised at all.

No problema (once again) on Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH with 6700K and GTX950GTX. Update via Apple Store, reboot, install Nvidia update via their control panel...

I tried putting Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into /Library/Extensions but that did not help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back