Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the update,I can boot only The fake-id=0x12345678 because I have a laptop 4k and I need the mac-pixel-clock v2 for the Sierra 10.12.5
Can you help me?
This is a Desktop Support forum section. For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Sierra Laptop Support forum section.

Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics (Skylake & Kabylake) users:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot. If you can't boot to desktop after updating, uncheck Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:

When you reach the desktop, install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:

Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You may also install the kexts before you update. The addition of these kexts should allow you to boot- we are looking into using Clover's KextstoPatch for a permanent solution.

Please post a reply if this has/hasn't worked for your system. :thumbup:

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3#entry2418219

Intel HD 530

gIOScreenLockState 3, hs....

Tried even the boot from USB with the two KTexts

Intel HD 530

gIOScreenLockState 3, hs....

Tried even the boot from USB with the two KTexts

Keep in mind that EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored when FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect".

Problem with black screen on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 using iMac 12.2 definition

10.12.4 to 10.12.5 via the App Store update.... I have the black screen after clover screen. Luckily have an 10.12.4 clone but it's a little old. The last update to 10.12.4 went smoothly that I didn't bother cloning my latest state. Learned my lesson!

UPDATE: Many thanks to el_charlie! He saved my butt!

el_charlie suggested installing "NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other"

I glanced over that recommended install of "NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other" thinking it was more for newer motherboards and graphic cards. Didn't think it applied to my four year old plus setup.

Thanks again el_charlie and tonymac86 site!

Last edited:
Cloned to USB SSD, made sure I could boot off clone without issues
upgraded main drive via app store
rebooted, couldnt log in! it would start logging in and then would boot me back to the login screen. tried a few times, rebooted. first time after that it booted me, tried again and it worked - weird.
updated nvidia driver, all set!

I updated. Two things broke, my Ehternet driver and my Graphics driver. But everything seems to break my graphics driver and an nvidia update popped up after I installed my ethernet kexts. All is well now, so it could of gone worse IMO. Thanks Apple for the update!

Faultless update, as usual. Pleased nVidia reacted in so timely a manner as well.

gothic... is it possible to send me your config file? I have nearly the same board GA-Z68XP-UD3 and get black screen after clover. Thanks either way!

All good except a black screen when waking from a (short) sleep.
Using standard video drivers though have a GTX780.
Any thoughts here?

gothic... is it possible to send me your config file? I have nearly the same board GA-Z68XP-UD3 and get black screen after clover. Thanks either way!

Install NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Lilu in Clover/Kexts/Other. Worked for me with my GTX 760. I see you have a 560.

Very easy update. Switched from web drivers to default. Downloaded update and latest web drivers. Installed update and then the new web drivers. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back