Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have MacOS 10.12.1 I want to update it to 10.12.5 without losing my data ana app please help me

I had 10.11.6 and successfully upgraded direct to 10.12.5 using App Store upgrade link.

The only caveat is I upgraded my Clover EFI to version 4097 first. (My previous Clover EFI of 3974 didn't work.)
Everything works after the upgrade, even Siri and Messaging after the upgrade.

** minor glitch with colors using my AMD 6870 Card (colors flickering after Sierra upgrade) but installing SwitchResX software and setting all display colors to "Millions" instead of "Billions" fixed the video glitch across all 3 of my monitors. Cost $16.

Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics (Skylake & Kabylake) users:

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot. If you can't boot to desktop after updating, uncheck Inject Intel in Clover boot menu under Options/Graphics Injector/Inject Intel:

When you reach the desktop, install the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:

Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You may also install the kexts before you update. The addition of these kexts should allow you to boot- we are looking into using Clover's KextstoPatch for a permanent solution.

Please post a reply if this has/hasn't worked for your system. :thumbup:

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3#entry2418219

Is it mandatory to use KextBeast? I could not get KB to work, but I could get into the directory and drop Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup there. However, my machine hangs at the grey apple.

Need help...

I tried to update to 10.12.5 via app store from 10.12.4. Made a rookie mistake of not backing up (regretting it now).
After reboot boot get stuck on apple logo and not continuing any further. Any help on this is appreciated.

My Machine is
Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
Intel i7 6700
Intel HD 530 1536

While everything was working fine and great after upgrade when it was released, my system rebooted this morning all of a sudden and now it will not boot and stuck on apple logo with progress bar screen.

Any ideas?

While everything was working fine and great after upgrade when it was released, my system rebooted this morning all of a sudden and now it will not boot and stuck on apple logo with progress bar screen.

Any ideas?
Have you tried booting in safe mode? Also turn on verbose so you can see what is happening.

Need help...

I tried to update to 10.12.5 via app store from 10.12.4. Made a rookie mistake of not backing up (regretting it now).
After reboot boot get stuck on apple logo and not continuing any further. Any help on this is appreciated.

My Machine is
Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
Intel i7 6700
Intel HD 530 1536
See Post #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back