Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 12.12.4 to 12.12.5 no longer boots from NVMe WD Black 256MB. Finally got rebuilt USB installed working. Attached photo shows -v using USB installer. Current time 10:49 MT, I'm not sure why the screen shows 03:33 as this was booted within past 10 minutes. I am not able to get the PC files so will try to attach USB installer version.

Make sure you implemented the class-code spoof...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

No please help my problem is not solved how do I delete The sound driver?

Boot into the recovery or into the macOS installer on USB.
Use Terminal to remove the offending kext from your main system volume.

Also, since VoodooHDA attaches to the onboard HDA chip, you could disable it from BIOS...

Last edited:
Have panic on boot after applying combo kexts using kext beast to lib/ext and system/lib/ext. My Skylake 530 started desktop after fake id 12345678 injection. Unfortunetelly it was last time I had access to my desktop. What to do next?

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
Hello RehabMan,
I have checked again and I have HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext & IONVMeFamily.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the USB Installer. This was created with the patch-nvme.git I obtained yesterday.

You should not have IONVMeFamily.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
And there are other components to the class-code spoof.
Read the guide carefully.

You should not have IONVMeFamily.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
And there are other components to the class-code spoof.
Read the guide carefully.

Hello RehabMan,

Thank you for the quick response. I have read the guide and the links. I am not sure what I missed so am reviewing again.

What Sound Driver To Install?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 10.05.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 10.05.10 PM.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 140
Hello RehabMan,

Thank you for the quick response. I have read the guide and the links. I am not sure what I missed so am reviewing again.

Hello again,

I've found the _DSM bit missing and added it. I'm now booted as far as IOConsoleUsers as shown in the attached photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 147
Hello again,

I've found the _DSM bit missing and added it. I'm now booted as far as IOConsoleUsers as shown in the attached photo.

Graphics (Nvidia) issue?
Use nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back