Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated with success!

1. Updated Clover as instructions at post #1.
2. Download and install the MacOS combo update 10.12.4.
3. Restart
4. Asked me to update Nvidia Web driver.
5. Restart.

Everything works fine!

Happy to report I had the exact same experience. No perceivable differences or problems whatsoever, as of yet.

My update hit a snag and am curious if anyone has experienced something similar:

Updated clover to 4049
Ran combo update, system restarted and update is installed
Reboot brings up the Nvidia pane asking to install the update, and I do.
Reboot - Things appear fine during the reboot, I hear my card spool up, so I know the drivers installing, but the screen goes black. I can login from my Windows machine with RealVNC and it does boot successfully, but the issue seems to be that it's not recognizing the monitor so it's booting to a resolution it can't broadcast and it shows it thinks it's an onboard monitor.

Thoughts?

This is on my X79-UP4 Build with the 980ti updating from 10.12

UPDATE SOLVED: Thought I'd leave the post in case anyone else experiences this. I'm on 6.1 and it appears I needed to run the AWESOME AGDPfix...All looks PERFECT! Thanks all!

Last edited:
I updated accidentaly through the appstore, and now i cant boot. The Apple Logo Appears and the Bar starts to fill up to a certain
Point but then stops. Also the loading-Wheel appears.
I tried to boot from my Installation USB stick, but when i try to boot from it, the apple logo and the progress bar appears and nothing happens.

I have a Gigabyte Z170X Ultra-Gaming Mobo, a GTX 970 and an I5 6600K.
Any Ideas?

Not really a problem here, just some confusion on my part --

I installed the latest Clover (from post #2 in the thread, and also tried the latest from Sourceforge (2.4k r4061)), updated OS X via App Store, and installed the latest Nvidia drivers. The problem I had was that the Nvidia drivers wouldn't "stick", distorted graphics, etc. I verified the injection flag and tried a bunch of stuff to no avail.

So, the confusing part: I went back to an old EFI backup using EFI Backup-Restore which was done with Clover r3949 and everything works just fine (video, sound, etc.) I try to update Clover again and I have the same problems, restore the old version and no problems. I've compared the config.plist between the two and they're identical. The only differences in the entire EFI structure are between binary files.

Thoughts?

Worked just fine for me.

1. Updated Clover
  2. Downloaded and installed 10.12.4 Combo update
  3. Restarted
  4. Success
    1. trim support still enabled
    2. sound still working (Turtle Beach Micro II USB sound adapter)

Anyone is having a problems with Intel HD5500 after updating to 10.12.4 ? I cannot inject intel anymore - it was working fine on 10.12.3. I am on the latest version of clover.

how did you fix the coloring flicking flashing screen issue finally?

Any way, I just installed SwitchResX to fix it. After install SwitchResX, changed option from billions of colors to millions of colors
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 11.49.30 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back