Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting points. WiFi / BT here are on a PCIe 16x slot. BT would indeed affect the mouse. Strange Nvidia driver problem only since updating to latest version then removing... :)
I tried my Wi-Fi on 8x as well as 16x, no difference other than to disable it through prefs

Martin

OK, I've made a few posts to this thread about the problems I've had with 10.12.4 - and finally I'm going back to 10.12.3 and will await 10.12.5 instead, then try again. Don't know why so many of these problems are unique to me. Didn't want to do a complete fresh install because some of my software has been "activated" and the license would potentially be lost.

My system has been rock-solid for 6-months. No crashes or kernel panics at all, only the odd small problem when something is updated.

The catalogue of problems with 10.12.4 is summarised as follows:

1) Magic Mouse became erratic. Thought it was BT or aerial. No. Tested in Windows. Tested another mouse.

2) Mouse Preference Pane crashed every single time it was clicked-on. Error report seemingly pointing to an inaccessible address.

3) Graphics - most peculiar. I have uninstalled the Nvidia graphics - all 16 kexts have gone - but I no longer need Nvidia web-drivers to get accelerated graphics.

4) Apple Mail updates all your messages to a new version which is NOT readable by 10.12.3's version or earlier. A big surprise this because it isn't just a Hackintosh problem, it will affect all Mac users. There should surely have been a pop-up message warning about the upgrade going to be done.

If you make the upgrade and then decide against it you can get your mail back by doing this before downgrading to 10.12.3 - select each On My Mac mailbox, Right Click/Option Click on it and choose Export Mailbox. You can select more than none. Choose a destination. Once you've reverted to 10.12.3 Import Mailboxes from File menu, but don't choose the Apple Mail option, choose the Mail in MBox format one near the bottom.

5) Clover needs updating to a v2.4 r4xxx release because kext injection from their EFI kext tree doesn't work for 10.12.4. Sure, you can put the kexts in L/E instead, but upgrading Clover is easy enough. You have to do this BEFORE the upgrade though.

6) Problems with Frequently Visited web-pages not showing in Safari.

7) System freezes. Not minor. Complete lock-up. Initially every 15-30 minutes needing a reset to clear. They became less when I did yet another 10.12.3 install then upgrade to 10.12.4. What would happen is that the mouse-pointer would freeze solid. No keys moved anything. The Caps-Lock light worked on/off as intended so it looked like USB was still working. Reboot only way out.

8) BIOS crash. Advances to a date in year 2040 causing apps not to load and web-pages too. There's a separate thread about this problem.

So there we go. Quite a story! :)
Hello everyone.
Same problem with magic mouse 2
System Preference with Mouse option it will crash on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 hackintosh on GA-Z77X-UD5H.

Hello all,

After upgrading to 10.12.4 I started having problems with network I guess - but it's all very weird. I am using RealtekRTL8111 kext for my ethernet card. I upgraded clover to the latest version too.

The symptoms are:
I boot up to a desktop without any problems. Ethernet card is on and I've got the IP address. It's just the internet not working. I cannot ping anything (ping is frozen and not doing anything). After few minutes usually it starts working. Any ideas ? Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

I tried using the latest kext for RTL8111 but it didn't help.

Many thanks for all your help !

It's not related to a network - It's norton security that's causing this

https://community.norton.com/fr/node/1440281

Update to 10.12.14 -> almost perfect... I hav an issue with the icons at SAFARI - pls see my screenshot - any ideas?
I switched now to Firefox and this is working perfect.

View attachment 246548

Same issue here, very annoying: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-980-icon-graphics-glich.218109/
The only program being affected I could figure out was Safari. No solution for the moment though :|

Possibly caused by having inject intel/True in config along with onboard iGPU enabled.

Thanks so much for the hint VoiletDragon! Disabled iGPU in BIOS ... no more glitches. Problem solved :clap:
hmmm. still the same issue...

How do you disable the internal GPU (onabrd CPU graphics) at the BIOS?
There is no DISABLE - just Auto and GPU and PCIe
I used the PCIe for my GPU Card.

Thx

I had forgotten to update clover bootloader what should I do? Currently, i am getting a black(noise) screen.

I did the same mistake as you. I didn't have any serious failures, only my bluetooth didn't work. So I just installed the new clover version and now everything works fine. I have an asus z95 mobo wifi pro

Another issue I've since my update to 10.12.4 is the sleep. The computer sleeps well but during the night it auto wake up. When I wake up the morning, the computer is not sleeping anymore (and so power consuming...). Any ideas ? Thanks
Check that "wake on network" is disabled and look into the darkwake option to disable power nap wakes.

Hello. I updated my 10.12.2 using combo update. But When The line under Apple logo loading, it loads to the end and then black screen :( I hear the speakers loading while the line is in the beginning. What can I do to solve this? I updated the Name patch but nothing changed.

My system is:
Asus Z170 deluxe
I7 6700k
Sapphire R9 280X
Samsung 950 Pro Nvme ssd
32 GB Crucial DDR4 ram

I had forgotten to update clover bootloader what should I do? Currently, i am getting a black(noise) screen.

Use your original UniBeast Sierra install stick to re-install the earlier version of macOS (it came with version r3766 of Clover), then update your Clover to r4xxx and re-install the update :). All data should be left untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back