Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've made a few posts to this thread about the problems I've had with 10.12.4 - and finally I'm going back to 10.12.3 and will await 10.12.5 instead, then try again. Don't know why so many of these problems are unique to me. Didn't want to do a complete fresh install because some of my software has been "activated" and the license would potentially be lost.

My system has been rock-solid for 6-months. No crashes or kernel panics at all, only the odd small problem when something is updated.

The catalogue of problems with 10.12.4 is summarised as follows:

1) Magic Mouse became erratic. Thought it was BT or aerial. No. Tested in Windows. Tested another mouse.

2) Mouse Preference Pane crashed every single time it was clicked-on. Error report seemingly pointing to an inaccessible address.

3) Graphics - most peculiar. I have uninstalled the Nvidia graphics - all 16 kexts have gone - but I no longer need Nvidia web-drivers to get accelerated graphics.

4) Apple Mail updates all your messages to a new version which is NOT readable by 10.12.3's version or earlier. A big surprise this because it isn't just a Hackintosh problem, it will affect all Mac users. There should surely have been a pop-up message warning about the upgrade going to be done.

If you make the upgrade and then decide against it you can get your mail back by doing this before downgrading to 10.12.3 - select each On My Mac mailbox, Right Click/Option Click on it and choose Export Mailbox. You can select more than none. Choose a destination. Once you've reverted to 10.12.3 Import Mailboxes from File menu, but don't choose the Apple Mail option, choose the Mail in MBox format one near the bottom.

5) Clover needs updating to a v2.4 r4xxx release because kext injection from their EFI kext tree doesn't work for 10.12.4. Sure, you can put the kexts in L/E instead, but upgrading Clover is easy enough. You have to do this BEFORE the upgrade though.

6) Problems with Frequently Visited web-pages not showing in Safari.

7) System freezes. Not minor. Complete lock-up. Initially every 15-30 minutes needing a reset to clear. They became less when I did yet another 10.12.3 install then upgrade to 10.12.4. What would happen is that the mouse-pointer would freeze solid. No keys moved anything. The Caps-Lock light worked on/off as intended so it looked like USB was still working. Reboot only way out.

So there we go. Quite a story! :)
Not as many issues here, but definitely more flaky with 10.12.4, Nvidia web drivers and Safari causing lockups or KP's was even worse with PCIe Wi-Fi card turned on ...

Martin

Not as many issues here, but definitely more flaky with 10.12.4, Nvidia web drivers and Safari causing lockups or KP's was even worse with PCIe Wi-Fi card turned on ...

Martin

Interesting points. WiFi / BT here are on a PCIe 16x slot. BT would indeed affect the mouse. Strange Nvidia driver problem only since updating to latest version then removing... :)

I use gtx 970 (connect to a Display ) as main VGA, but when i Inject Intel in config.plist and enable iGPU in Bios (Intel 530), every time i open iBooks computer go freeze and restart, Safari cannot load any web page (chrome load normal). Only when i disable iGPU in Bios everything comes back to normal again !

i initially had strange problems updating clover at first (see this thread 4 details )

now everything works like a charme. i have not tested built in audio, because im using an external soundcard anyway.
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 18.27.43.png

Last edited:
The update on Acer p253-m (i5 / HD4000), with Clover and DSDT/SSDT etc etc failed miserably. Now I am stuck with the apple logo and the bar at 2/3. I did not update clover prior to installing the release. So I tried to make an USB with latest clover and put ACPI + kexts then boot from there. I get a kernel panic like this: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:"

edit:

Solved by detaching the HDD and installing the new clover on it through another mac.
I had that problem too but I had installed the new version of Clover with the pkg. Was it supposed to be installed just to the root drive or to the USB EFI partition you use to boot? I just screwed my entire installation and I'm hoping I can just revert back to 10.12.3 by running the installer and hopefully migrating from the old data.

Another issue I've since my update to 10.12.4 is the sleep. The computer sleeps well but during the night it auto wake up. When I wake up the morning, the computer is not sleeping anymore (and so power consuming...). Any ideas ? Thanks

No luck with my old Nvidia GTX 280
1.Instal update from AppStore
2. reboot (NVDAStartup.kext panic)
3. Delete NVDAStartup.kext from S/L/E and copy my OLD worked kext to
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12
4. Reboot. System up but video works with incorrect resolution and only in one monitor.
Any advice guys?

this is a time to change my Nvidia :) ?

I had forgotten to update clover bootloader what should I do? Currently, i am getting a black(noise) screen.

Update to 10.12.14 -> almost perfect... I hav an issue with the icons at SAFARI - pls see my screenshot - any ideas?
I switched now to Firefox and this is working perfect.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-06 um 11.45.24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back