Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am new to the scene, I get that there may or may not be issues taking any system update on a Hackintosh ...but it's unclear to me about the NVIDIA drivers. I see people posting that they're waiting for them...so does that mean if the updates works, I won't have my existing NVIDIA drivers working at all? And basically my GPU output it not going to output that delightful 4K image and I'll have to use the motherboard graphics output?

Thanks.

Last edited:
hi everyone! updated via appstore and all work fine!
imac14.2
gpu gtx titan 6gb - resolution works, but web driver
950 pro m.2 - works
audio - works
View attachment 244522
did you change the plist? I can't seem to get the web drivers to work even with the plist fix. Everything else works just fine after updating.
No need to change sound or trim just worked.
Anyone changed the plist of the old Nvidia drivers while waiting for them to release an update?

Since I am new to the scene, I get that there may or may not be issues takign this system update on a Hackintosh ...but it's unclear to me about the NVIDIA drivers. I see people posting that they're waiting for them...so does that mean if the updates works, I won't have my existing NVIDIA drivers working at all? And basically my GPU output it not going to output that delightful 4K image and I'll have to use the motherboard graphics output?

Thanks.
Hold off until you see that the Nvidia drivers have been updated for 10.12.4. It's too long a story to tell you why, but your graphics will be not be accelerated and will have non 4K resolutions.

So did the update, same loading bar full, and then black screen. Didn't update Clover before. Anyway to update Clover within the partition itself? Only have access to a windows bootcamp (I know clover configurator can't run in windows) Let a guy know. Thanks in advance (will keep searching for answers)

Nobody managed to patch the current Nvidia drivers to work with 10.12.4?
You can patch the current drivers and they will look okay in About This Mac but your graphics will be not be accelerated.

You can patch the current drivers and they will look okay in About This Mac but your graphics will be not be accelerated.
But in every update I have managed to patch the plist and it worked just fine. What makes this update different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back