Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... Well I would try booting with the "-x" parameter added. This should load everything in SafeMode. If that works, then install the Nvidia drivers etc.

:)

I actually just rebooted from doing that. Turns out there was a problem with my boot volume that needed repair. Once the repair was done i was able to boot in normally and update the drivers. I just posted to soon. However, all keep that under your hat that you might have a damaged boot volume that requires a repair.

Good to hear at least one of you got it working. Thanks to UtterDisbelief, I realized I didn't have Lilu installed with Shiki so thought that might have been the problem but after putting both kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (do I add the .DSYM files somewhere in there, too?), resetting everything with the terminal commands as written in the Shiki post (using the one command for NVIDIA), and then rebooting, I still have no luck getting iTunes to play HD movies that used to work fine previously.

Screenshot 2017-04-01 15.13.02.png

IT´s WORKING!

I don't know why... but I just deactivated the "iGPU Initialisierung" Setting at the Bios -> Reboot -> again activating the "iGPU Initialisierung" Setting -> reboot and it is working with iTunes 12.6.0 100 :)

:beachball:

Thanks @DonaldBC for making me think about this ... :)

I don't know if this is a result of the 10.12.4 update, but things have certainly changed in a lot of areas for the release).

I haven't tried Shiki for a while as it had only partially worked before, the video breaking up and pixelating after only a short while.

I downloaded the latest version of Shiki - and Lilu because it is now a plug-in for this kext - and placed them in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted.

I now have DRM video playback in iTunes 12.6.0.100 :) Great!

(I don't have any Full HD movie files to test, only TV programs and music videos, however they are all DRM protected).

The system freezes have become less after re-installing 10.12.3 and then upgrading again to 10.12.4 using the Clover release 4045 - only time will tell if things are mended on that score.

:)

Had no problem with the update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4:
1. Updated to Clover 4035 (from SourceForge.net)
2. Rebooted 10.12.3
3. Updated to MacOS 10.12.4 using App Store
4. Updated the Nvida driver 45f01 using Nvida preference panel and rebooted
5. I now have 10.12.4 with EVGA GTX970 (no audio problems)

Got Yuna upgraded from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 today:

1. Backed up the files I care about.
  2. Downloaded the Nvidia drivers from the first post.
  3. Updated using the Mac App Store.
  4. Installed the Nvidia drivers from step 2.
Painless upgrade.

Hi,
I did the update but since the first reboot it always ends up in a kernel panic, right after the apple logo appears.
I'm booting off a NVMe (Samsung 960 EVO). What I figured out is that the issue is likely due to the missing updated kext.

so what I did is I created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext on my second mac, replaced the 10_12_3.kext on my recovery disk and tried to boot: Same result Kernel panic after a few seconds.

After I removed the NVMe entirely form the system I'm able to boot with the recovery disk.

Is there anything else I need to do other than replacing the kext in the Clover/Kext/Other directory to get the new version activated?

Greetings,
David

Good to hear at least one of you got it working. Thanks to UtterDisbelief, I realized I didn't have Lilu installed with Shiki so thought that might have been the problem but after putting both kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (do I add the .DSYM files somewhere in there, too?), resetting everything with the terminal commands as written in the Shiki post (using the one command for NVIDIA), and then rebooting, I still have no luck getting iTunes to play HD movies that used to work fine previously.

View attachment 245639

Sorry to hear that. This seems such a grey area - getting DRM video to play has been my longest-running problem. I was surprised it worked at all!

I will say though that I *didn't* do the Terminal commands. They seem too extreme to me. I remember trying them many moons ago and they made no difference but caused log-in problems. I've never been very happy with these kexts because no-one has clearly explained (for the average person) what they do.

Did you have video playing on the same hardware previously?
What system definition are you using? -- I'm using iMac14,2 and outputting through the GT740's HDMI port.
Do you have the iGPU enabled in BIOS but first init. PCIe ?

Good luck :)

Hi,
I did the update but since the first reboot it always ends up in a kernel panic, right after the apple logo appears.
I'm booting off a NVMe (Samsung 960 EVO). What I figured out is that the issue is likely due to the missing updated kext.

so what I did is I created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext on my second mac, replaced the 10_12_3.kext on my recovery disk and tried to boot: Same result Kernel panic after a few seconds.

After I removed the NVMe entirely form the system I'm able to boot with the recovery disk.

Is there anything else I need to do other than replacing the kext in the Clover/Kext/Other directory to get the new version activated?

Greetings,
David

Ok some progress: I re created the kext with the spoof option. Now macOS starts loading but after about half way through I'm getting the stop sign.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back