Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it - I reinstalled the kexts from MultiBeast and audio is back up and functional.

Update Clover to r4045, run update via Appstore, then Nvidia-Driver and AGDPfix.
System is running. Nothing to reinstall.

Quick Question . How did you Update, did you update using and offline Combo Download or did you download straight from the App Store ? is it Possible you share your EFI folder so I can take a look at it as I am stuck with the flickering issue and I use the HD 5850 card mainly for FCPx and Logic.
I updated from the App Store. I've attached a zip of my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 115
For whatever reason, App store didn't find the update, it had found numerous beta updates previously which I had ignored to install.

sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog

reset the app store to find the update. Updated without issues, fortunately I upgraded to Radeon HD 7750 from my previous HD 6670 some time ago - some 6670s seem to have issues.

Just found the solution: actual version of FakeSMC.kext (6.24.1421), placed in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 (flash drive AND hard disk for the fist boot).
Do you know if FakeSMC.kext (6.24.1737) will work?

Update worked smoothly, rebooted, installed the updated Nividia drivers, rebooted and working fine

Hmm.. I've
  • restored from Backup back to 10.12.3
  • re-updated clover using the package from page 1 of this thread. (.plist looks ok as far as I know with regards to Nvidia)
  • Upgraded to 10.12.4 using the Combo
  • Upgraded my NVidia drivers to the 45f01 as required..
I cannot get the NVidia drivers to stick.

What should I try to resolve this and get back to work.. :(

[FIXED]

Well almost. I found my original install USB key and made my new EFI partition look as much as that as possible, copying missing files from the USB, deleting other kexts from the new EFI. Video is A-OK.

Now remains to fix the sound. Built-in sound card. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back