Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did you get to update clover if the screen was black and you could not log in? i am having the same problem. Trying to clean install 10.12.4 but same black screen after the bar. if i could get to my 10.12.3 install it would be great so i could update clover
If you can boot Windows or Linux or macOS and mount your EFI partition you can copy the .efi executables from the Clover Bootable ISO release.

Updated via App Store, reboot, installed Nvidia driver, reboot, done!

iHack Sierra Update 10.12.4.png

Last edited:
10.12.4 (16E195)
upgrade from appstore
after reboot standard resolution, upgrade nvidia driver, dont reboot, apply AGDPfix.v1.3, reboot, done.
Sound OK!

If you enabled multigpu support to avoid iBooks bug disable it, because iBooks has lot artifacts now with this config, and safari too.
Tried netflix in safari, cannot start a show, maybe silverlight dont likes it too.
After disabling everything ok!

Hi,

Light controls doesn't work, when I push on "more light" or "low light" button, the light icon goes right or left but the screen light doesn't change...
Night shift is not enabled too..

That's it I've stayed silent long enough hoping a fix will come along to put a stop to this dam disco screen from the ATI 5770 graphics card and I'm too darn old to start body popping every time this machine reaches the desktop. That's the only thing that broke with the update, so tomorrow I'm taking delivery of a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 750TI, so there's a possibility I will be begging and borrowing a few tips of 'How To's' according to how the installation goes. That's what I loved about me old 5770's (actually bought two, use one one the test rig) worked straight from the box, no fuss, no drama with every update until now.

By mistake I updated my previous CLOVER legacy installation instead of CLOVER UEFI, now I do not see the option to start macOS. Any idea to solve this?

If you can boot Windows or Linux or macOS and mount your EFI partition you can copy the .efi executables from the Clover Bootable ISO release.
mount the EFI partition on the USB I created to clean install or the partition on SSD that has the 10.12.3?

My usb sound card soundblaster play! 2 does not work any more after upgrading to 10.12.4. Everything else works fine. Re-installed the creative drivers, but the sound card is gone. No device found :(
Anybody else using this soundblaster model having the same issues?
Spoke too soon earlier. Getting distorted audio and KPs with this device on 10.12.4

Temporary workaround:

Think this post suggests installing the USB audio kext from 10.9.5 (in Russian). Did the following:

1. Uninstalled Creative's kext, plists and any other files i could find (this step may not be necessary)
2. Copied the version of the USB audio kext mentioned in that post into /efi/clover/kexts/other
3. Rebooted and now the injected kext is being used instead of the system version
4. USB audio with Soundblaster Play! 2 now works as expected

Edit:

The above method is not reliable and the system driver still loads. Replacing the kext in /S/L/E gets audio working on this device every time (but may break audio on other devices). Apple needs to fix driver or device needs a firmware update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back