Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Although we have different hardware, if you are using Smbios macpro 6.1 try with my EFI.
In the configurations of my Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1 I use:
UEFI Bios 3402 Unlocked
USB - Smart Auto - Enable - Enable - Enable
EIST - Disabled
CPU - Sync All Colors
Secure Boot - Other OS
Everything else is by default.
My SSDT is specific to the 5820K and you can use it.
About DSDT, it has all the X-99 patches, but it's specifically created for my board and graphics card. However it is a matter of trying and seeing the result.
The Freq.Vetors zip is to install on S/L/E and then you have to repair permissions. For this I use the Kext Wizard.

After a couple hours of trying things out, I got it to boot :) I'm not exactly sure what it was, I think it was a combination of a couple of factors. Thanks for the help! One last thing, which part of the NVDAStartup.kext are you changing from 16D to 16E? Thanks :)

After a couple hours of trying things out, I got it to boot :) I'm not exactly sure what it was, I think it was a combination of a couple of factors. Thanks for the help! One last thing, which part of the NVDAStartup.kext are you changing from 16D to 16E? Thanks :)
Is at NVDAStartupWeb.kext...
Copies to the desktop, edits the plist, and then reinstalls and rebuilds the permissions. But it's no big deal, it will continue without acceleration. It will only get better when a new WebDrive is available :)

Last edited:
For me, broke bluetooth support (so AirDrop, HandsOff, and iWatch unlock). Wifi still works.

Card is Bcm94352

Beta 2 has created huge problems for me. If I do the kext edit to enable my Fury X, I get a kernel panic, kernel cache error, or boot to a black screen. I'm not sure what has changed, but installing a modified kext doesn't seem to work properly. I have restored a backup of 10.12.3 and will stay there for a while.

has anyone gotten night shift to work? hows it look?

Update from 12.3 Final to 12.4 Beta (16E144f)
The Nvidia Web Driver, editing NVDAStartup.kext form 16D to 16E, recognizes the graphics card and allows some resolutions, but without full acceleration.
I don't see a 16D in the kext, what variable is it under? I searched the info.plist in the NVDAStartup.kext but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Figured it out, I wasn't opening the right kext.
The web driver is loaded but it doesn't appear to have full acceleration. Night shift is an option now though, Kida neat. until the web drivers have full acceleration I don't think I'm going to use it, everything else worked no problems. I don't have any kext files in clover which is why I probably didn't have any other issues.

If the web drivers report they are loaded, is there something else that needs to be done make acceleration work?

Last edited:
I don't see a 16D in the kext, what variable is it under? I searched the info.plist in the NVDAStartup.kext but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Figured it out, I wasn't opening the right kext.
The web driver is loaded but it doesn't appear to have full acceleration. Night shift is an option now though, Kida neat. until the web drivers have full acceleration I don't think I'm going to use it, everything else worked no problems. I don't have any kext files in clover which is why I probably didn't have any other issues.

If the web drivers report they are loaded, is there something else that needs to be done make acceleration work?

I apologize for the mistake, I was referring to the plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext, but as I said, even changing from 16D to 16E, it recognizes the graphics card and allows some resolutions, but without acceleration. We still have to wait for a new drive for 12.4
Regarding Night Shift, I have not tested yet, but I think it will only work well with maximum acceleration and also depend on the new Web Drive.
But for the rest, everything works perfectly on my system.

Night shift showed up for me after I got the web driver to load, seems to work fine.
The partial video acceleration is weird, kind of works but not really.

Update to Sierra 12.4 Beta 3 (16E163f) and Clover r4012
Again everything went well, without any intervention from me after the update. Just missing the new NV Web Drive to have full acceleration...:)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1 MB · Views: 184
  • 4.png
    4.png