Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same procedure as the last updates:
Update via Appstore. Reboot with nv_disable=1.
Update Nvidia-Driver, use AGDPfix (1.3, must disable SIP with Clover-Configurator).
System is running. Nothing to reinstall.

Last edited:
Finally had time to upgrade to 10.12.3 from 10.12.1. I couldn't risk downtime, but it all went flawlessly. The necessary update to Nvidia Web was expected, and everything else kept on working as before.

Crap - creating my Unibeast USB and keep getting this error - any ideas?

UnibeastError.png

Update successful!!!- ran the combo pack and updated the NVIDIA Web Drivers via the NVIDIA Driver Manager (never had to disable nv in Clover or anything) - Still can't make the USB installer with Unibeast - I even tried from my MacBook Pro and got the same error message "Couldn't modify plist" no idea why, I've never seen that error before.

MacOS10.12.3.png

Please advise if I should post elsewhere, regarding the error above using Unibeast to create the USB.
After checking the USB, it appears all files are present. Since I've already successfully installed the newest version, I'm hoping this would at least be a good boot disk until the next upgrade.

UnibeastUSB.png

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Sierra functions, like audio and the nVidia Web drivers. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti and the Titans 'Maxwell' graphics cards, you'll need to install the nVidia 10.12.3 Web driver(s) after the 10.12.3 update > NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35).

- No support for GTX 1070/1080 graphics cards, yet. Still awaiting the a Nvidia compatible driver.

- For Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD owners, you will need to await the update of RehabMan's patcher script and installation instructions.

- For those who are using the MacPro6,1, iMac15,1, or iMac17,1 system definitions may need to re-apply the black screen fix. Thanks to pantrychef who pointed this out in Post #14.

Update Procedure(s)

Here's the step by step way to update for those who aren't using the nVidia Maxwell graphics cards. For Nvidia Maxwell card users, see below
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.3 - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting into Sierra, you can:
:ch: Check to see if your audio is working (If you enabled Realtek on-board audio using the latest MultiBeast for Sierra or toleda's CloverALC120 script, your audio should be OK),
:ch: (Optional) Update to the latest version of Clover,
:ch: (Optional) Check to see if your TRIM setting has survived through the update (About this Mac > System > System Report > NVMExpress or SATA/SATA Express) - if not, use the "trimforce" Terminal command (1); if you've used the "trimforce" command in 10.11.0, then it should "survive" the update, but check to make sure; and
:ch:Re-boot​
:ch: (Optional for Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD owners) You will need to await the update of RehabMan's patcher script and installation instructions.​

For Nvidia Maxwell graphic cards users (see 2nd and 3rd note above), you'll need to do the following:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: (Optional for Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD owners) See the Notes above on RehabMan's patch-nvme.
:ch: Download the Software Update or use the MAS update.
:ch: Download the latest Nvidia web driver for 10.12.3 (when available).
:ch: Run the Sierra 10.12.3 Mac App Store Update - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting, run the Nvidia web driver pkg and reboot when its completed it's installation.​

Please post help requests in the Sierra Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

1 Use the new Terminal trimforce command in the following manner:
Code:
sudo trimforce enable
Updated my Lenovo Flex 3 1580 - did not have to reapply anything. Same problems as before (only 7mb HD 520 Graphics)

Updated my rig with the combo update dmg. The hack booted with default graphic drivers. Updated the Nvidia driver through system pref. Now everything is up and running. Will have to test the sleep for a week or so.

hello guys, how about my notebook spesification ? is require to macOS Sierra ?
my specs notebook ASUS X455LF
Intel i5 5200u
Nvidia GT930m
ram 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back