Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via App Store.

Didn't work right after update due to having rehabman nvme kext without spoof.

Had to boot up using an external drive (running Sierra 10.12.2) and copied the IONVMEFamily.kext from the 10.12.3 nvme drive that was just updated, into the S/L/E of the USB drive, ran the 10.12.3 nvme patch to create hacker 10.12.3 kext. Pasted the new hackerkext into the nvme updated drive S/L/E and removed the (newly created due to update) IONVMEFamily.kext. Then ran kext wizard and repaired permissions in the Nvme drive and rebooted without the usb drive. Booted up fine from nvme 950 pro.

- Had to re do the 36 core mod for my RX480 (Update replaced my 4100.kext and 9500controller.kext)
- Had to run kext utility/kext wizard to fix Bluetooth/Wifi and audio

Edit: internal audio not working. Audio sounds gargled.
Edit: Tried multibeast reinstall of audio - no go
Ran ToledaALCclover - no go
so do you suggest I replace all original files before updating and then update I have also nvme without spoofing ..and rx480 with 36 core patch and hex for name and all ..do I have to replace all files before making the update ?

Used Software Update, all is good!

After that I had to enable the Driver in the "NVIDIA Driver Manager" in the Taskbar/System settings to make it work again!
Hmm... still not working. I also have the web drivers selected in clover. All my settings seem to be correct, not sure why it isn't working.

unfortunately has no effect for me - GTX750ti
Strange... i have 750ti as well. Have you select the NVIDIA graphic driver on the tray icon?

Strange... i have 750ti as well. Have you select the NVIDIA graphic driver on the tray icon?
Yup, and now I'm trying to download the 367.15.10.25f02 web driver because it looks like I'm still on f01, not sure if that has anything to do with it. However I can't install it because I'm on 10.12.3 and it won't let me. I remembered doing something to where it would let me install it even if I wasn't on the correct macOS version but I forgot how to do it.

Can anybody tell me how to do this? I mean every step, explain to me like Ii'm an idiot. I don't know what this is and where to find this.
  1. Copy NVDAStartupWeb.kext to desktop
    1. Open Finder and Shift+Command+G
    2. Type “/System/Library/Extension”
    3. Drag and Drop NVDAStartupWeb.kext to desktop
  2. Open info.plist
    1. Right click NVDAStartupWeb.kext and select “Show Package Contents”
    2. Right click info.plist and select open with PlistEditPro [or your favorite plist editor]
  3. Edit Required OS version
    1. Expand (i.e., click triangle in front of) IOSKitPersonalities
    2. Expand NVDAStartup
    3. Right click NVDARequiredOS and select “Edit Value”
    4. Enter value: 16D32
    5. Save and exit
  4. Install kext
    1. Dragging and dropping it back to /System/Library/Extension or trying to replace existing copy will probably give you an error; so…
    2. Delete old copy of NVDAStartupWeb.kext in /System/Library/Extension
    3. Run KextBeast (which will install any kexts it finds lying around on your desktop) and check /System/Library/Extension box and follow prompts to install
  5. Reboot
Ran Heaven graphics benchmark program and acceleration seems to work fine--but most importantly, can use proper resolution on monitor. Also, all 4gb of memory on GTX970 reported. Note: If the two apps referenced above are not on your system already from having followed an install guide, kextBeast can be downloaded from this site, and PlistEditPro from internet. You can find kextBeast on your system by Command+[space bar] and type kextBeast.

Struggled with web drivers a little but got everything working.

[SOLVED! Turns out EmuVariableEefi-64.efi got installed to wrong EFI volume. Works now!]

I'm in the same boat as you, but can't yet get everything working with my 980Ti. I've got my web driver set up to ignore the OS version (use 16D32) w/ the f02 driver.

I also have a Gigabyte board, so enabled EmuVariableUefi-64 in Clover v2.3k r3786

I'm still just getting slow VESA graphics at 1600x1200.

NVidia web driver seems to be loaded fine (menu bar icon is enabled, NVIDIA Web Driver is checked, System Pref panel shows as "up to date" now, etc.

JSAlvarez, any idea what the key change was for you?

I'll also attach my config.plist

Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back