Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am booted off an NVMe ssd, I just have to create a patched kext for 10_12_3, install it S/L/E and then I am good to update?

I install HackrNVMeFamily to /Library/Extensions.
Updating to the new kext is done after updating macOS itself.

Assuming you are using the class-code spoof (already setup prior to the update), the update procedure is simple:
- update via App Store
- wait for RehabMan to update the patch-nvme repo (already done for 10.12.3)
- update your copy of the patch-nvme repo
Code:
cd ~/Projects/patch-nvme.git
git pull
- create new HackrNVMeFamily
Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_3
- remove previous HackrNVMeFamily*.kext (eg. HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2.kext)
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2.kext
- install new HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext
Code:
sudo cp -R HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext /Library/Extensions

Note that the 10.12.3 IONVMeFamily.kext appears to be unchanged from 10.12.2 but they re-did the code signature, which is why the md5 is different. But you don't have to know that to follow this general update procedure.

For those of you that don't know what the NVMe class-code spoof is: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Last edited:
I can confirm the update works with a NVMe disk. Running on a SM961. Did Post-Update re-patch witch also worked.

However it seems I lost my dual monitor setup now. Repatching with https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 didn't work.

Edit: After I ran AGDPfix, which patches AppleGraphicsControl.kext, both screens are working again. (I thought AGDPfix is only necessary for dGPUs, but apparently not as I only have an iGPU)

Last edited:
Update went fine on two machines. It seems that the 10.12.3 update has improved the user interface response a bit. 10.12.2 always seemed slow with an excess of spinning beachballs.

Is there a URL to go to to check to see when the web drivers are updated? all I can find are direct links to the previous drivers.

Is there a URL to go to to check to see when the web drivers are updated? all I can find are direct links to the previous drivers.

Go here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

And choose Quadro K5000 For Mac, Other Operating Systems

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.09.39 PM.png

Updated via App Store.

Didn't work right after update due to having rehabman nvme kext without spoof.

Had to boot up using an external drive (running Sierra 10.12.2) and copied the IONVMEFamily.kext from the 10.12.3 nvme drive that was just updated, into the S/L/E of the USB drive, ran the 10.12.3 nvme patch to create hacker 10.12.3 kext. Pasted the new hackerkext into the nvme updated drive S/L/E and removed the (newly created due to update) IONVMEFamily.kext. Then ran kext wizard and repaired permissions in the Nvme drive and rebooted without the usb drive. Booted up fine from nvme 950 pro.

- Had to re do the 36 core mod for my RX480 (Update replaced my 4100.kext and 9500controller.kext)
- Had to run kext utility/kext wizard to fix Bluetooth/Wifi and audio

Edit: internal audio not working. Audio sounds gargled.
Edit: Tried multibeast reinstall of audio - no go
Ran ToledaALCclover - no go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back