Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update worked fine for me. I finally did it yesterday.
The first update, I ended up having to do a bootable USB stick to upgrade, since the store App Store upgrade failed. This time, I downloaded the combo update DMG, and the nvidia upgrade. Just ran it, after it finished I installed the nvidia driver update.

Hi all,

I still have a problem with the webdriver for GTX 550Ti when upgraded to Sierra 10.12.2. I had followed instruction for using the nvidia webdriver and edited the Config.plist to load the webdriver. The webdriver loaded sucessfully giving me a beautiful dock at the bottom and the menu bar on top. However, the background is still black and shown incorrect resolution when I open any application. The only apps that the graphic resolution show correctly are the Safari and the Launchpad in the dock, the rest are mess up text with black background. Please help if you see that I missed anything.

I'm using only one monitor which has only HDMI inputs.
My system definition is iMac 14,4.
Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67) with correct webdriver version installed.
GTX 550Ti card (graphics is NVIDIA 2560 MB).
Config.plist edited with:
- Graphics Inject = NO for ATI, Intel & NVidia
- SystemParameters = YES for all InjectKexts, InjectSystemID & NvidiaWeb.

Hi All,

System was upgraded via the App Store and did not come back from boot. I am getting a circle with a line through it.

Checking out the errors in verbose mode and I am getting "Error loading kernel cache (0x7)" or if safe mode is selected I get "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)"

I cannot boot the SSD from the unibeast USB drive, but can boot to the unibeast USB drive mac os installer (10.12.1 - patched config.plist for nvme) and the drive is showing up in disk utility/terminal.

I've added the latest nvme patch to the config.plist for 10.12.2.

System - GA-Z170X-UD5 / 6700k / EVGA GF 750 TI / Intel 600p M2 PCIE SSD / 32 GB RAM.

did you ever find a solution to this? i'm having the same problem on a completely fresh 10.12 install running GA-Z87MX-D3H / i5-4670 / Samsung 840 Pro SSD. i've tried with my hd 6870 video card, without it... thought it might have been my software raid on other disks, disconnected those, everything. for a while it would SOMETIMES boot, but now it's error 0x7 every time. i even tried going back to 10.11, only to find that's doing it too where previously that's what i'd been running for a year on the same hardware!

it'll boot the installer just fine, but 0x7 when i boot from the SSD (with clover loading from USB since i can't even get into the system to go further) :\

Last edited:
welp, looks like it might have been a recent BIOS upgrade. must have just been dumb luck that i managed to reboot OK the very few times i did so between upgrading to F7 on that board and jumping to Sierra. did a most terrifying downgrade to F5 BIOS with fpt util and the system is booting consistently no matter what's connected.

Hey Guys, I updated OS X from 10.12 and now my Hackintosh doesn't boot anymore. Gives KP.

I tried to boot in safe mode with no luck -> tells me Error Loading Kernel Cache.
Tried to boot without cache -> tells me Error Loading Kernel Cache.

I'm not sure what else to try.. I've been searching for a solution for over 2hrs now :(

Any ideas?

Do you have HDMI Audio? I lost my HDMI Audio when I went to 10.12.2. I have the same Broadwell i7 NUC

I seem to have lost it as well, but wasn't using it so didn't notice. I have a desktop conference speaker with a headphone jack that I use for my primary audio that's supported as USB audio OOB.

I did lose bluetooth as well, though, do you still have bluetooth working?

welp, looks like it might have been a recent BIOS upgrade. must have just been dumb luck that i managed to reboot OK the very few times i did so between upgrading to F7 on that board and jumping to Sierra. did a most terrifying downgrade to F5 BIOS with fpt util and the system is booting consistently no matter what's connected.

argh, now my primary display (no matter what monitor i hook up or video card i use) refuses to allow a resolution higher than 1280x800 anywhere, bios, windows, os x... that bios update really screwed things up.

edit: likely something's gone weird with HDCP. few rounds of musical ports, plugging and unplugging, and i can get full rez on my GTX 950.

Last edited:
Just updated using the App Store.
Weirdest thing about the whole process was that the "Update" button in the App Store wouldn't actually let me press it! I rebooted twice, and on the second reboot, it asked if I wanted to install the update. I did, it said it would take 20mins, but took about 35 seconds. Rebooted, installed new Nvidia Drivers and all is well, as far as I can tell I didn't lose anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back