Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feels like I should buy GTX 980 and just giving up waiting...
I just can't...
There no sign of getting this support soon.
But I know that the day I'll give up and buy the card, nvidia/apple will add a support to the gtx 1070/1080...

..or maybe would it be the GTX 2070/2080 as it looks right now....

Updated through the App Store without any issues. Audio still works on both the headphone jack and HDMI (ALC 892 & HDMI audio through a GTX 970). Had to edit the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist again to use my Graphics Card with the iMac17,1 System Definition but other than that i had zero issues.

Updated through Apple Apps update. No issues except for audio settings lost.

Ran Multibeast audio:
ALC1150
100 Series Audio

Audio is now working again. Very easy update.

Platform in question:
GA Z170N-WiFi
i5 6400
GTX 670
16 gig RAM

iMessage still not working (FaceTime is working). Update didn't fix that. One could hope.

UPDATE: MacMail search is now working.

Last edited:
No problem on Broadwell NUC from the app store. Tried wifi for grins, no dice :(.

Still the same display reset with a 4k/displayport monitor on boot, have to turn the monitor off and back on to get the display up (but not on sleep). I suspect this is the macbook system definition's issue, minor inconvenience.
Do you have HDMI Audio? I lost my HDMI Audio when I went to 10.12.2. I have the same Broadwell i7 NUC

Updated via App Store, everything working including my M.2 Intel 500p boot drive.

Updated through the App Store without any issues. Audio still works on both the headphone jack and HDMI (ALC 892 & HDMI audio through a GTX 970). Had to edit the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist again to use my Graphics Card with the iMac17,1 System Definition but other than that i had zero issues.

You might want to consider the option I found, thanks to Pike R Alpha, which removed the need to continually update the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext;

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-2-update.209122/page-20#post-1394429

Updated via App Store, then installed Nvidia Drivers after restart.
And after restart (after loading screen with apple logo and a bar) monitor goes to power save mode while the system is working.
Tried both links from post #1. Can load only with nvidia web drivers turned off.
What are the ways to fix it?

Thanks!

UPD: fixed with #4 fix from this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Last edited:
Hello,

I have downloaded the combo on the Apple web site, and tried to install it. It indicates that a reboot is necessary, but after the reboot I have an indication advising that the upgrade did not take place...

I don't understand what I must do (and I forgot to do...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back