Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated 10.12.2 I upgraded well nvidia gt710 to restart it remains black screen and mouse pointer, I tried to start -v -x but nothing, can you help me?

How long have you left if before rebooting, are you using dual monitors?, mine takes 30 secs black screen then 30 secs cursor before working, try it with a single monitor, something not quite right with 10.12.2 Nvidia dual monitor support

Updated via the App Store, everything works just as well as before.

Meaning there's still this problem, but other than that everything's working.

Thank you everyone for the reports.

Cloned SSD, tested clone to make sure it worked, switch back to main SSD, Download the Nvidia driver linked earlier in the thread to the desktop, installed 10.12.2 from the App Store, restarted on its own without video web driver, Signed into iCloud and a few other setup items configured, install Nivida Web Driver and restart. Everything tested so far works as before the update. Will do more testing. So far 30-minutes after update, no glitches found.

Anyone finally have an answer though to DRM content through iTunes?

Got the RX 480 working again, full acceleration, Metal support and Safari/video are working as before.
To get it running I followed the same procedure as on 10.12/10.12.1: Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext to include "0x67DF0000" for the Baffin frame buffer, rebuild kextcache and reboot.
To have "AMD RX 480" instead of "AMD R9 xxx" reported in "About this Mac", one can edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD9500Controller using a hex editor, simply search for "R9 xxx" and replace it with "RX 480", takes effect after rebooting.

Unfortunately, if you had audio patched using MultiBeast and/or audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, you will have to do that again after rebuilding the kext cache.

EDIT: Somehow, RX 480 behaves slightly different now. Prior to the update and reenabling, I had to connect the display to iGPU and after login unplug it and replug it into the RX 480, otherwise it would hang at 90% of the boot up progress bar, unfortunately after replugging the display macOS would always detect 2 displays (with the non-existent one at 800x600), which was annoying because sometimes windows would open on the non-existing display meaning there was no way to interact with them.
However, now I can boot with the display connected to the RX 480 with black screen and graphics will come up once the login screen appears. So, slightly good news, I guess :)
Can I ask which RX480 you have? I'm looking to build a FCPX machine. Thanks! (I'd have asked over PM, but I don't have enough posts)

Updated without any issues. :headbang:

Sierra 10.12.3 Beta 1 is already available in the App Store. As soon as I make sure I have Nvidia support or the old drive works, I'll install it ;)

Hi Everyone

Very new to the Hackintosh world my machine has been running for a week or so, (Gigabyte, 6700k, amd 480r) I'm having a few problems with the update that I haven't seen anyone else come up with.

I'm downloading from the store, running the update process but my machine on rebooting never makes it past 1/3 of the loading bar, I can access safe mode, I have run it in verbose mode (apologies if my terminology is wrong there, basically the mode with the lines of code so you can see the error.) and it appears to be GPU related.

Is there a procedure that should be carried out prior to updating eg. changing, removing kexts, repairing permissions etc?

I only had the one modified Kext (For the amd 480x never managed to get acceleration enabled, FCPX et al will not let me boot up at present) but I'm unsure If I was going about the right way of doing that if there is a idiots guide to the kext modifying process inc sip disabling. I would appreciate being pointed in that direction but my main worry is the update at present. (I can afford to play the waiting game in the hope 480r is implimented in 12.3

Updated successfully this morning to 12.2.2, and thanks to "fix" from Pike R Alpha, adding "agdp=Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86" to my boot arguments string, no need to "hack" AppleGraphicsControl.kext" to get past the black screen at boot anymore.

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 11.34.03.png

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/black-screen-tip-of-the-day/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back