Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
that has been fixed last month by a clover KextToPatch
see here

After the update, I can only boot in Safe Mode. Attached is the panic report. Any help is very much appreciated.

I'm guessing it has something to do with BT, since that seems to be the only thing I have found not working. Nothing under Bluetooth tab in System Report.

Attachments

• Panic Report.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Updated to 10.12.2, after update my bluetooth wasn't working initially. updated to new Nvidia web driver and restarted and bluetooth started working again, weird.
Handoff and Apple Watch unlock still don't work.

New Wallpaper is so great.
But still waiting for new cuda driver.

2016c5b5c955-e4ad-4a5c-9641-2258d07c4cfe.png

Uneventful update from 12.1 to 12.2 using Clover. All settings preserved, including sound, video, BT and both bands of WiFi from my OS X-compatible replacement half-mini PCI card (BCM94352). Not sure if Messages or Handoff work as I don't use those features. But AirDrop works well.

The update from 11 to 12.1 was rough, however, and took hours and hours of pain and amateur troubleshooting. Had to update spoofed Mac model to iMac 14,2 and did that while starting the OS upgrade. In doing that I bolluxed up the EFI directory and suffered through what is now a comedy of errors and mishaps: got my backup drive confused, and replaced the good backup EFI with the bad EFI. Had to rebuild an OS X install jumpdrive from scratch using another computer. Had to struggle through finding and installing new drivers for the BCM94352Z. In the middle of this the motherboard firmware got corrupted twice and had to be restored from the onboard copy. This didn't work until I disconnected the SATA drives.

I don't suppose anyone here has been bitten by the bug where the function keys on PC keyboards fail to work with the normally available system shortcuts such as CTRL-F12, CMD-F12, CMD-OPT-F12, and F12 by itself to eject optical media? I've lost all ability to use those keyboard shortcuts and the System Preferences > Keyboard > "Use function F1, etc as function keys" option is not present at all. It's like the OS doesn't see them period. Pressing F12 just takes me to the last alphabetical entry in the current foreground window or nothing at all if such an environment is not in the foreground.

The keyboard I use is a Logitech G11. Worked just fine prior to installing Sierra. Doesn't work now at all.

The proper FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext are in place, and my DSDT is fully loaded and has the proper fixes in place (it wasn't altered between El Crapitan and Sierra).

USB seems really flaky in Sierra. And it's getting super annoying with caps lock no longer responding half the time. :/

10.12.2 broke my hack (from 10.12.1). I got KP at update, now KP at boot, trying to resolve... agrh...

EDIT: Just needed to reinstall NVDAStartup.kext in S/L/E from El Capitan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back