Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the RX 480 would be the card to get for me in my upcoming hackingtosh if it got properly supported.

In OSX Sierra XFX cards are very compatible, the older XFX cards have Vbios issues with compatibility issues but all the XFX RX 480 cards have been running in Sierra for some time now.

This is true for non RX cards with XFX Branding like the R7, R9 series cards but for the RX 480 they are working very well. My XFX RX 480 reference card has been running with 30 bit color and metal support since late august.

Please check out this post from Gigamaxx he had runing RX480 without issues Apple Updates Mac Lineup

I am about ready to run the update yet I want to run the class-code spoof yet I can't find the instructions on how to do this. I did a search on this site for "class-code spoof" and it only showed 8 results. Can some point me to the link showing the instructions thanks.

Updated my Desktop H97N-WIFI. No Problems flawless update.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 03.47.45.png

Friends, after running the update, i guess my sound driver went kaput and gave me a kernel panic . How can I solve this ? I can´t event enter in safe mode right now !

Attachments

• boot_panic.jpg
    boot_panic.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
Got things mostly working pretty quickly.

Needed to re-run AGDPfix for my second graphics card to send signals to the display and I ran VoodooHDA 2.8.8.pkg to get my audio devices back. (I didn't have to run this previously)

I'm getting feedback on the audio now which I never have previously so need to figure out a fix for that. (Update: Deleted VooodooHDA.kext installed by the VoodooHDA 2.8.8.pkg and AppleHDADisabler kext and things are working great now - seems that perhaps Removing AppleHDA.kext was the fix)

Oddly iTunes simply won't open now...tapping it doesn't show any kind of animation as if it's trying to open. (Update: Installed from Apple.com and works fine now)

Sadly no fixes for existing issues:

- handoff only half works with the onboard bluetooth (sometimes apps appear, mostly they don't or show a handoff error when tapped)
- Sleep only works once after each system boot

Last edited:
Friends, after running the update, i guess my sound driver went kaput and gave me a kernel panic . How can I solve this ? I can´t event enter in safe mode right now !

Boot using you're USB and remove VoodooHDA.

Awesome - this fixed some Siri graphical glitches I was seeing.

Where do people find the drivers? When I go to the NVIDIA page, it never has "mac os" in the drop-down menu. I was hoping to read the info to see if it said pascal support was added, before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back