Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still overclock using iMac 13,2 by patching the SSDT. Overclocking with OS X, macOS is pointless anyway.

I am just posting what worked reliably for me. Mac Pro 5,1 may not be the most accurate description of my system, but it did allow me to oc my system using bios settings.

Updated to 12..2 and having trouble getting my wireless card working (TL-WN881ND). Was working fine in 12.1, but wouldn't detect. Was able to get it to detect with IO80211Family.kext, but now it won't detect any networks. Also, the system will reboot when it loads the desktop, and seems to be stable after a reboot.

I did a direct update today through the App Store. After the restart in the middle of the update, I got stuck at a black screen with an arrow. I tried waiting at that screen for hours and various boot flags but never could get past it. I did a restore then tried the install again. Again, I got stuck at the black screen and couldn't get past it with various boot flags. Finally, I noticed that at a certain point the mouse got big if I moved it around. I clicked there, entered my password on a whim and hit enter. The screen changed to the progress bar saying the update would be done in 15 minutes. A few minutes later, I was logged in. Everything appears fine. This was a strange stressful episode in the life of my hackintosh.

Well, not so good for me. I thought I had my computer off when I left for Christmas holidays, but it wasn't. And it ran updates in the background-downloaded and installed 10.12.2. Now my Intel HD 4600 graphics are messed up. Boots into OS X, but I get a cursor arrow and can see system notifications pop in on the right. Rest of screen is black. No other responses from the system. Can't click on system notifications either. Screen saver comes on and is visible, but can't make it go away. I have an Apple USB keyboard and Magic Mouse 2.

Well, not so good for me. I thought I had my computer off when I left for Christmas holidays, but it wasn't. And it ran updates in the background-downloaded and installed 10.12.2. Now my Intel HD 4600 graphics are messed up. Boots into OS X, but I get a cursor arrow and can see system notifications pop in on the right. Rest of screen is black. No other responses from the system. Can't click on system notifications either. Screen saver comes on and is visible, but can't make it go away. I have an Apple USB keyboard and Magic Mouse 2.

Just read previous post. Thanks iSam2k! I did what you did. wiggled mouse around, clicked where it was enlarged and typed in my password. screen is back!

Updated without any major problems

about_hackintosh.png

but here a bit more infos of what happened

with macOS 10.12.1
I use NVidia web driver 367.15.10.15f01
and CUDA v8.0.53
with the AGDPfix

on a reboot (without any macOS update) I got a black screen again
so there I reboot again, disable NVidia injection in clover to see then
a message "CUDA driver need update"

I ran the update, it installed CUDA v8.0.57
and on next reboot everything was fixed "magically"

Later on I applied macOS updates, all but 10.12.2
and then on a reboot I got a black screen
so there I reboot yet again, disable NVidia injection in clover to see then
a message "CUDA need to be updated" but no new version available

to unstuck all that
  • updated to macOS 10.12.2
  • installed NVidia web driver 367.15.10.25f01
  • re-applied the AGDPfix
  • reboot, all working, no black screen, etc.
lesson learned:
the NVidia web driver and the CUDA version and the macOS version
seems to need to be in sync

Hi All,

System was upgraded via the App Store and did not come back from boot. I am getting a circle with a line through it.

Checking out the errors in verbose mode and I am getting "Error loading kernel cache (0x7)" or if safe mode is selected I get "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)"

I cannot boot the SSD from the unibeast USB drive, but can boot to the unibeast USB drive mac os installer (10.12.1 - patched config.plist for nvme) and the drive is showing up in disk utility/terminal.

I've added the latest nvme patch to the config.plist for 10.12.2.

I've tried several things such as:
  • Disabling the nvidia drivers and removing the card
  • switching the OsxAptioFix2Drv to OsxAptioFixDrv
  • ensuring SIP is disabled
  • using -f or selecting the option to boot without caches
I've found quite a few threads regarding the "Error loading kernel cache" issue but there seems to be many different solutions.

I am leaning towards an issue reading from the SSD but cannot confirm.

Would really appreciate any assistance for this.

System - GA-Z170X-UD5 / 6700k / EVGA GF 750 TI / Intel 600p M2 PCIE SSD / 32 GB RAM.

IMG_3539.JPG.jpeg
IMG_3538.JPG.jpeg

Is the Nvidia GTX 660ti unsupported for Sierra?! I can't make it work! :(

Is the Nvidia GTX 660ti unsupported for Sierra?! I can't make it work! :(

At first this card (GTX660 & GTX660TI) is working OOB.

Enter on OSX with -x -v and install the webdrivers. After this, modify your clover with this:

Code:
 <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.