Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the RX 480 working again, full acceleration, Metal support and Safari/video are working as before.
To get it running I followed the same procedure as on 10.12/10.12.1: Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext to include "0x67DF0000" for the Baffin frame buffer, rebuild kextcache and reboot.
To have "AMD RX 480" instead of "AMD R9 xxx" reported in "About this Mac", one can edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD9500Controller using a hex editor, simply search for "R9 xxx" and replace it with "RX 480", takes effect after rebooting.

Unfortunately, if you had audio patched using MultiBeast and/or audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, you will have to do that again after rebuilding the kext cache.

EDIT: Somehow, RX 480 behaves slightly different now. Prior to the update and reenabling, I had to connect the display to iGPU and after login unplug it and replug it into the RX 480, otherwise it would hang at 90% of the boot up progress bar, unfortunately after replugging the display macOS would always detect 2 displays (with the non-existent one at 800x600), which was annoying because sometimes windows would open on the non-existing display meaning there was no way to interact with them.
However, now I can boot with the display connected to the RX 480 with black screen and graphics will come up once the login screen appears. So, slightly good news, I guess :)

______

Thanks, mate. This has been incredibly useful.

Well... my Hackintosh auto downloaded and tried to update to 10.12.2 on restart. It encountered a kernel panic. I booted from my 10.12.1 backup and changed the system definition to iMac 14.2. I rebooted and the update installed. Audio no longer worked so I reinstalled drivers and set system def back to Mac 5.1 and all seems to be well.

Updated using the Apple Store update. It took a surprisingly long time (15-20 minutes), but booted up like a champ. I didn't have to reinstall any kexts, re-enable TRIM, or anything.

Well... my Hackintosh auto downloaded and tried to update to 10.12.2 on restart. It encountered a kernel panic. I booted from my 10.12.1 backup and changed the system definition to iMac 14.2. I rebooted and the update installed. Audio no longer worked so I reinstalled drivers and set system def back to Mac 5.1 and all seems to be well.

Use iMac 13,2 instead. Mac Pro 5,1 is incorrect for you're hardware so is iMac 14,2.

Use iMac 13,2 instead. Mac Pro 5,1 is incorrect for you're hardware so is iMac 14,2.

I failed to mention the reason I am using Mac Pro 5,1 so I can overclock the CPU.

I failed to mention the reason I am using Mac Pro 5,1 so I can overclock the CPU.

You can still overclock using iMac 13,2 by patching the SSDT. Overclocking with OS X, macOS is pointless anyway.

so i finally got everything to work, but for some odd reason why system still shows the Intel HD350 as the main video card, also I have all kinds of wild glitches on the tabs. I could fix it in El Cap, but Sierra the ID code change didn't work.

VoiletDragon said:
VoiletDragon

Isn't violet spelled V-I-O not V-O-I unless it's voilet as in toilet?

so i finally got everything to work, but for some odd reason why system still shows the Intel HD350 as the main video card, also I have all kinds of wild glitches on the tabs. I could fix it in El Cap, but Sierra the ID code change didn't work.

Im having same problem with HD530. Is it a sort of blinking black colored glitch whenever you move your mouse around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back