Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stork Sorry.. I've updated my profile. Do you know what could be causing the USB 3 at the back (6 ports) not to work? The USB (2 ports) at the front work perfectly. I had my USB 3 ports work fine yesterday but then I installed NVIDIA Web Drivers and did a BIOS change, changed the .plist and things inside Clover Configurator. For example I changed my profile from iMac 17 (USB 3 port worked but not the graphic card) to iMac 14,2 (Graphic card works but not the USB 3). ?
I recommend you open a thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section, detailing your problem. TIA.

Am I behind the times ?
Something new, I get the Clover Apple logo and now the real Mac one right after it.
Is that normal now ????

I installed Sierra 10.12.1, with no issues.
I'm running it on a Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 NVME ( MZVPV128HDGM-00000 ).
I only had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext, and IONVMeFamily.kext.

Thansk Guys.
Hello mactition
I have the almost same hardwares: asus-m ws, hd7950,etc. But except for cpu:xeon 2630 v3. When I builded 10.12.2 according your post, stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. Today, I have a new Intel 6-Core i7-5820K, can you give me how to set up bios.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Myrgards,
[/FONT]

Hello mactition
I have the almost same hardwares: asus-m ws, hd7950,etc. But except for cpu:xeon 2630 v3. When I builded 10.12.2 according your post, stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. Today, I have a new Intel 6-Core i7-5820K, can you give me how to set up bios.
Notes . . .
This is about
ASUS X99-M WS motherboard
I have everything working on this board,
All USB ports, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1
WiFi,
Bluetooth,
Ethernet,
All Audio, including over DisplayPort and HDMI,
Main boot is Samsung SM951 M.2 NVMe (not AHCI type)

Sleep works with Radeon GPU, but does a reboot on wake.
Radeon sleep is an ongoing macOS issue that I don't think anyone has resolved.
I tried a GeForce card and it worked exactly the same as the Radeon.

I recommend using Clover Configurator, it's a lot easier to understand what is what.

There are a few things that make this board a challenge.
USB was very difficult, but much better as of Sierra 10.12.2
In Clover config the RT Variables must be the following,
BooterConfig = 0x28
CsrActiveConfig = 0x67

My files Attached Include . . .
EFI files for Clover Installation and Config, to install in EFI partition,
All Kext required, to install in System>Library>Extensions,
Screen shots of essential BIOS settings,
System Report screen shots to verfiy stuff working.

Read this post . . .
It covers basic information on installing macOS for this board.

About USB . . .
All USB ports register and work correctly, see the System Reports.

As of Sierra 10.12.2 kext to make USB work are not required,
USB has to be configured as shown in the BIOS screen shot,
And the DSDT in the EFI files is also required.

Without the DSDT you will have to set BIOS to allow it to control USB.
Otherwise you might not have any USB after booting to the OS.

Attachments

• ASUS X99-M WS Hack.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Well, got it fixed by switching to model identifier 14,2... good bye iMac12,2, i've tried everything i could.

macOS Sierra 10.12.1 up and running.

Comcody: It looks like you and I have basically the same build except that I have a GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

I'm running 10.12.3 Sierra.

Here are things I've tried:

• I have installed the nvidia web drivers, version: WebDriver-367.15.10.35f01.pkg, with boot option nvda_drv=1: this seems to partially work as the screen shows up but the background is black, there are some static looking blocks on the upper left of windows and generally the system is unstable.
• I have tried using "inject NVidia" from Clover Configurator and this does not work, I get nothing on the screen after Clover booting.

Questions:
1. The graphics card shows up in the "about this mac" as "EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 3072 MB" I believe my card only has 2MB though: could this be the problem?

2. Any ideas as to how to get this to work?

I don't think there are any kexts in /Library/Extensions Here are the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions that I believe are for nVidia:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForce.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceAIRPlugin.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:39 GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceGA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:40 GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceMTLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:50 GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceTesla.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:39 GeForceTeslaGAWeb.plugin
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:39 GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:39 GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:39 GeForceTeslaWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 GeForceVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:48 GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:48 GeForceWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 NVDAGF100Hal.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:21 NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 NVDAGK100Hal.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:21 NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:21 NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:39 NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:13 NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:40 NVDAResman.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:40 NVDAResmanTesla.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:13 NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:21 NVDAResmanWeb.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Mar  4 09:40 NVDAStartup.kext
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    102 Jan 24 13:21 NVDAStartupWeb.kext

OK, guys. I solved all the problems, and am now on Sierra 10.12.3.
1. First, before trying to update from within El Capitan, I wished to have a good Sierra USB Install Disk, in the sense that it should have been working for my old bios system, and old Nvidia graphics card. So, always using Tonymacx86 Sierra Install USB (UniBeast + MultiBeast), I made many frustrating tentatives, but I couldn't never reach OS X installer: the boot gave a kernel panic after having loaded NVDAStartup.kext. I looked around, and I found that a possible solution was to set, in the config.plist of EFI/CLOVER folder of boot usb disk, of course using Clover Configurator (google for finding), the modifiers Inject Nvidia, NvidiaGeneric and NvidiaSingle in the Graphics section. Note that to do so, you must mount EFI partition by terminal, or by Efi Mounter v3 (free for downloading). Alternatively, Clover Configurator asks you if you wish to mount EFI partition, if you did not.
Once that this was done, at Clover boot I needed to set modifier nv_disable=1. This is mandatory for older nvidia graphics card, but could be necessary for newer as well.
2. I was then able to reach the OS X installer, and installed Sierra 10.12.1 on a test drive. Note that either the installer and the newly installed system work at a low screen resolution, but this will be fixed later.
3. I booted the new Sierra OS X, as necessary, starting a last time using the USB Install disk, and installed boot loader on the Sierra drive.
As I knew from previous investigations, I had copied the old El Capitan NVDAStartup.kext on the install disk, as well as others kexts I needed, on S/L/E (AppleHDADisabler and VoodoHDA), and installed all the old kext by means of KextBeast. Then I open the config.plist (Sierra HD EFI/CLOVER partition) and left only Inject Nvidia checked.
4. At reboot I had my new Sierra 10.12.1 perfectly working on the test drive. Not really perfectly, I experienced for the very first time the well known shutdown issue (on real Macs as well). I will explain later, in another post, the possible solution I found to this very particular problem, annoying new mobo systems as well, and in my case also very dangerous, causing a loss in the mobo bios, which fortunately has an automatic recovery.
5. I then updated my old El Capitan installed on a EVO SSD, to Sierra 10.12.3 (the last downloaded version), following a similar procedure. In the sense that I changed my EFI/CLOVER config.plist setting all the modifiers above, before upgrading. Then, at System reboot, I set, as before, nv_disable=1 modifier at the clover boot, and reached (in low resolution) the Sierra Install procedure. At the end, I entered the same modifier, and reached the new Sierra 10.12.3 desktop in low resolution.
Then I reinstalled the older kexts, re-edit config.plist leaving set only Inject Nvidia. At reboot I did not set any modifier and reached a fully working Sierra 10.12.3 (still with the shutdown problem, not yet solved).

Last edited:
Is there anyone going to help me for the Sierra shutdown issue? I tried adding the modifier Fix Shutdown inside Clover Configurator, revision 4.40, downloaded from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/, but was unable to find HaltEnabler modifier. Then I manually edited config.plist by means of Plist Pro, adding the strings:
<key>HaltEnabler</key>
</true>
within the section ACPI of EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. This worked for the 10.12.1 fresh installation on the test drive, as I explained in my preceding post, but not in the SSD system upgraded from El Capitan, which did NOT suffer for this problem.
I tried now many times, but was obliged to stop, because my motherboard seams to suffer from all the several forced powerdown, so that my new 10.12.3 system, excellent in everything when operating, remains useless: I disconnected the SSD from the system.
Should anyone have any suggestion, I would very much appreciate.

Last edited:
This thread is for the 10.12.1 release, if you have a specific issue make a new thread. someone should close this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back