Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated using the AppStore, updated Clover, rebooted - black screen. Used my USB-Stick to boot, then updated WebDrivers by Nvidia but after a reboot I still get a black screen when booting without the stick. Anyone else had this problem? BTW: My SMBIOS settings have been overwritten and the only backup I have left of my config is the one I uploaded on the forum where I deleted the whole SMBIOS section ...

I was able to mount EFI in 10.12.1 using EFI Mounter v3. You can find it here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

With multiple drives, in Terminal, use "diskutil list" to find/verify which drive to mount

Thanks for your reply. It means a lot to me when someone tries to help me out.
Unfortunately, it was a no go for me :(
In Terminal, I have found that disk0s1 is my EFI and it's present there.
EFI Mounter v3 says that it has found the EFI on disk0s1. Then I clicked on Mount and this happened (the image).

Screen_Shot_2016_10_31_at_3_51_38_PM.png

Last edited:
Skylake laptop here updated relatively without problems, I only needed to restore my AppleHDA kext and remove ioNVMefamily.kext that causes kernel panic if it's with HackNVMe kext from the terminal in the Sierra installer.
You have update Sierra but HackNVM.kext where is?
Ettore

Hi Peter,
I have basically the same build as you, and I have one issue after updating, my USB 3 does not work. Maybe you could post your config.plist and any special kexts or scripts you use to make them work?
Thanks in Advance. :)
Sorry Ron,
I made a mistake in that I didn't check for the USB 3.0 to be working as for me this is not a big issue. I checked back on 10.11.6 and there it still worked. Since then I have installed Beta versions for 10.12 up to 10.12.1 Beta 5 I think and on that version USB 3.0 functionality was lost. I somewhere lost it along the way but do not know where. Again sorry that I led you too believe that I had a working solution here.
Anyone to help Ron out with this?

update installation from El Capitan stops at grey screen with rainbow wheel for ever; remove Comodo AV and all went fine

reinstall Mac clock patch, Toledo audio

My experience was similar to this. I updated to 10.12.1 using a clone of my current 10.12 installation using the standalone installer linked in post #1 and ended up with version 16B2657. I tried to get the nvidia web driver to work by trying some of the fixes suggested but couldn't get it to work. I decided to start over and updated the new clone via the App Store update instead. To my surprise, I ended up with version 16B2555 which allowed me to update the nvidia web driver. Everything is working properly in 10.12.1 for the last 24 hrs.
I have tried direct upgrade with Tony guides, but only boot from Clover EFI bootloader option at start up, I tried IrishMan directions removing my graphic card and adding kexts S/E/L the OICPC.Family.Kext and the NVAStartUp.kext but no success still having kernel panic, any help please?

Just updated to 10.12.1 with one problem, Hands Off!, after uninstalling this software (after I read about it in this thread), restarted again and everything was working again.

Even my audio (which was a nasty think at the beginning) worked out-of-the-box.

And Bluetooth was not working anymore, but after installing IOath3kfrmwr.kext with the new Kext Ultility it works again (It was working without drivers, but stopped somehow, so after installing this Kext it works again)

Last edited:
What a nightmare!
I tried to upgrade my 10.11.5 direct via AppStore to 10.12.1 on 2016-10-27
1. Installed newest Clover 3882 as recommended
2. Downloaded newest Nvidia Web Driver
3 . Upgraded OSX to MacOS -> great everything works, system boots alone
This is a big step forward!!!

And then:
- Ups: Nvidia driver wrong (16B2657)...
- V1: Modify the driver as posted -> failed
- V2: Modify Systemversion -> failed -> here I realised that csrutil changes only temporary, after reboot from recovery into normal mode ist back to "no-root"
- V3: clean kexts -> failed (maybe "no-root", I don't know) and systems hangs on boot bar by 90%
After booting from an old 10.11. USB and editing the config.plist manually it boots again.

OK, if no NVIDIA is available lets configure it with Multibeast 9.01 to get network and the rest working in the meantime.

Multibeast tries to install Clover V2.3 3776 and stops with "The installation failed" check log...
While I could not found a log my best guessing is: its the the clover version.

Since I changed to clover:
- I lost the EFI partition 2x, only while trying to change the theme in the past, I never found what I did wrong
- I had to repair the config.plist so often manually that I gave up to count
- The whole update/upgrade process is instable and unreliable.
- There are to many new features in place after each upgrade (adding manually NvidiaWeb).

And now Mutibeast is not working anymore...

So bad

Does anyone have the issue, that some Apps refuse to launch the first time after booting? Their dock icons bounce around for a minute or two and the Apps freeze, without loading any windows / interfaces. Activity Monitor lists their processes, although the dock doesn't show an indicator below their icons. Right clicking them says "Application Not Responding".

This happens to me since I installed 10.12.1 and usually with the same Applications like Atom, TextEdit, Photoshop, Illustrator or VLC. And USBOverdrive sometimes refuses to launch even though I added it as a Login Item.

If I "Force Quit" any of these Apps, they launch and run fine until I reboot. Any ideas what may be causing that?

This update has been a disaster for me on both my i7-5820k and my genuine MacBook Pro. It seems to run fine, but now CUDA is performing very badly. On the Hackintosh, CUDA (or the NVIDIA driver) keeps crashing and processes get stuck in the GPU memory, putting the GPU into idle. On my MacBook Pro, CUDA is taking twice as long to perform computations.

Does anyone else use CUDA? Is anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back