Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated my hackintosh successfully to 10.12.1 from the App Store flawlessly, like a real mac. Graphics, Audio, Ethernet worked out of the box.

However, I'm facing two problems now,

1. Nvidia Cuda says that it needs to be updated but no new version available. (Happens when using Nvidia Web Drivers, problem disappears if I switch to OS X Default Graphics Drivers).

2. EFI won't mount anymore. It boots using the config.plist and everything from the clover efi drive, but the drive won't mount. So now I can't ever modify the config.plist anymore. I had to make a change in my config.plist but since I can't mount efi anymore, I had to modify the config.plist in my USB drive and I have to use the flash drive every time I wish to use that modified config.plist. I tried to install latest Clover_v2.3k_r3882 with ESP enabled, but it fails to install (tried a couple of old ones too, still the same). Tried to mount the efi with clover configurator, it opens up my ESP folder (empty), it shows that I have a EFI drive, but when I mount, nothing happens. Then I tried to mount the EFI by opening the clover theme manager, it says there is no EFI to mount. If there is no EFI then how does it boot up with the specific config.plist that was in the EFI drive only?

Help is desperately needed

Last edited:
Skylake laptop here updated relatively without problems, I only needed to restore my AppleHDA kext and remove ioNVMefamily.kext that causes kernel panic if it's with HackNVMe kext from the terminal in the Sierra installer.

I directly updated from AppStore but now at boot still Apple logo with progression bar...I tried to boot in safe mode but wont boot the same, how can i solve?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 151
Had this exact same issue.

Solved it by extracting the `WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01` with unpkg then doing a find and replace for 16B2555 to 16B2657. It just replaced the one reference in `NVDAStartupWeb.kext/info.plist`

Then I used Kext Utility to install the updated drivers.

To check your build number, open the "System Information" app and go to Software. You should see the "System Version" in the right pane.

With Kext Utility did you copy all the .kext, .bundle, etc. files into it's window or just the .kext files. I've tried dropping all the files into kext utility except the control panel app. After reboot I launched the nvidia control panel app to get it added to the Mac control panel. But the driver doesn't load and the nvidia control panel app fails. What am I missing? Thanks.

I updated my HP ProBook 6460b and after the first boot the keyboard and mouse stopped working after a few seconds. Second boot same thing. I had an external mouse and shut it off.
To my surprise the 3rd boot it was working again.
All other things still work, still some minor graphic glitches, but very usable.

2. EFI won't mount anymore. It boots using the config.plist and everything from the clover efi drive, but the drive won't mount. So now I can't ever modify the config.plist anymore. I had to make a change in my config.plist but since I can't mount efi anymore, I had to modify the config.plist in my USB drive and I have to use the flash drive every time I wish to use that modified config.plist. I tried to install latest Clover_v2.3k_r3882 with ESP enabled, but it fails to install (tried a couple of old ones too, still the same). Tried to mount the efi with clover configurator, it opens up my ESP folder (empty), it shows that I have a EFI drive, but when I mount, nothing happens. Then I tried to mount the EFI by opening the clover theme manager, it says there is no EFI to mount. If there is no EFI then how does it boot up with the specific config.plist that was in the EFI drive only?

Help is desperately needed

I was able to mount EFI in 10.12.1 using EFI Mounter v3. You can find it here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

With multiple drives, in Terminal, use "diskutil list" to find/verify which drive to mount

I tried updating through the Mac App Store and when rebooting it never took me to the installation screen. Just back to the Clover boot menu then into El Captain. So I stupidly tried to install it manually by going through the packages. Didn't work.

This was at 2am so I didn't make a backup. Now every time I select my El Capitan drive from the Clover boot menu, it goes to the Apple logo loading screen as normal, but then once it loads it goes to a black screen. After about 5 minutes of black it finally makes it to my Mac login screen. But it's frozen.

Any ideas on how to at least let me get in so I can back things up then reinstall?

Guys, I've successfully updated to Sierra 10.12.1 via AppStore. All works fine.
about.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back