Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choose upgrade in step 8 instead of install in new partition/container? Or boot Mojave and choose upgrade?
either, whatever is easier for you

Is there any diff in the final result when doing an upgrade or new installation with migration? Would the new installation with migration be a more clean install?

Is there any diff in the final result when doing an upgrade or new installation with migration? Would the new installation with migration be a more clean install?
clean install is always best

So it's better to resize Mojave partition, create an additional partition, perform Monterey install with migration from Mojave partition. Then later when Monterey is running fine, delete Mojave partition and resize Monterey partition.

So it's better to resize Mojave partition, create an additional partition, perform Monterey install with migration from Mojave partition. Then later when Monterey is running fine, delete Mojave partition and resize Monterey partition.
seems complex but if it works for you

seems complex but if it works for you

What would be easier with the same result (new installation with data migrated from the Mojave partition)?

What would be easier with the same result (new installation with data migrated from the Mojave partition)?
an upgrade would be easier

Thanks, another related question (more a generic Mac OS question). Would a new Monterey installation with a subsequent restore from Time Machine (backup from Mojave) give the same result?

When reading the procedure it's the Migration Assistant that does restore all the data and settings. When performing a normal upgrade is it using that same Migration Assistant or is it using something else or something in addition?

I was thinking to update, from Catalina to macOS Monterey. I was wondering if there is anyone who has experience of an upgrade where we skip a version. Also I was thinking of switching my bootloader to Opencore. I've seen some people around this thread saying that they got their OpenCore bootloader working with this Motherboard and GPU. Could anyone share some insight or hints on that as well? What was their experience so far with this setup with OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back