Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pulled the battery, but they didn’t have me jumper to reset the cmos. I’ll try that if I can figure out how to do it.
thanks for the idea.
Yeah the jumper is more important than the battery - I've had a couple situations where booted to black screen and could not get into the BIOS. After doing the jumper reset things came right back and I re-configured the BIOS

Well, I shorted the CMOS clear and got back to the POST screen. reconfigured the BIOS as MacMan had described.

Replugged my monitor to the internal GPU. I get the Clover menu and if I choose my OSx startup, it goes through the first half of the Apple process and then stops. Screen black, no disc activity and then a reboot.

I pulled the RX580. Reboot OK through Clover and first half of the Apple process OK, continues on. Monitor goes off, and there is a small amount of disc activity; no joy here.

I'm guessing that the internal graphics won't work under Mojave.

I'm also thinking that my RX580 has died. I guess that would make sense given the white screens I saw.

At this point the MB seems to be OK. I was able to boot Win10 without the RX580. It would reboot with it installed.

So, replace the RX580 with the same thing or is there a better option now?

Thanks for your opinions.

Well, I shorted the CMOS clear and got back to the POST screen. reconfigured the BIOS as MacMan had described.

Replugged my monitor to the internal GPU. I get the Clover menu and if I choose my OSx startup, it goes through the first half of the Apple process and then stops. Screen black, no disc activity and then a reboot.

I pulled the RX580. Reboot OK through Clover and first half of the Apple process OK, continues on. Monitor goes off, and there is a small amount of disc activity; no joy here.

I'm also thinking that my RX580 has died. I guess that would make sense given the white screens I saw.

At this point the MB seems to be OK. I was able to boot Win10 without the RX580. It would reboot with it installed.

So, replace the RX580 with the same thing or is there a better option now?

Thanks for your opinions.
Have you disabled the iGPU in the bios and tried to boot from your RX580? I have only been able to run on my Vega56 card, whenever I try to configure the iGPU I run into stability issues.

iGPU will work under Mojave. It will have a problem in Catalina/Big Sur. You have to add framebuffer/BusID stuff to it in Whatevergreen whether you are using Clover or OpenCore. I recommend OpenCore however. If you just want to boot and just use you a dGPU, just put in a fake ID. Check out my guide a few posts back.

Hey guys I cant remember exactly where but I read that with this build I could just connect a Radeon RX570 and have it working just fine without fiddling around, but it happened to me when using final cut pro that the system just restarted suddenly without notice... and when restarted a report shows up

could you tell me if you know what can be happening?
this is part of the report in case anyone can guide me to where to look or what I need to do.

panic(cpu 10 caller 0xffffff800f0066da): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.1024: expected 0xc0ffee74c96fa958 but found 0, bits changed 0xc0ffee74c96fa958, at offset 0 of 1024 in element 0xffffff80bf9e1000, cookies 0x3f0011f476f1b558 0x5352142dc2bd6bd"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.278.28/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:1206
Backtrace (CPU 10), Frame : Return Address

if there's need I could paste the whole report

thank you guys

Hey guys I cant remember exactly where but I read that with this build I could just connect a Radeon RX570 and have it working just fine without fiddling around, but it happened to me when using final cut pro that the system just restarted suddenly without notice... and when restarted a report shows up

I honestly don't know what that error message is. However, I just got a Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB v2, and I have had zero problems. I have played intensive games both on Windows 10 & macOS 10.15.7. I have not tried Final Cut pro. I do have Adobe After Effects, but I haven't done anything with it yet. Is the maker of your video card on the poo poo list that OpenCore put up? Does it only crash when using Final Cut Pro? Has it happened to someone using a real Mac?

I honestly don't know what that error message is. However, I just got a Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB v2, and I have had zero problems. I have played intensive games both on Windows 10 & macOS 10.15.7. I have not tried Final Cut pro. I do have Adobe After Effects, but I haven't done anything with it yet. Is the maker of your video card on the poo poo list that OpenCore put up? Does it only crash when using Final Cut Pro? Has it happened to someone using a real Mac?

mine is a XFX RX-570 P8DFD6 so it must be so...
and seems to happen at random thou it didn't happen lately...
fingers crossed and I will keep looking after a fix when I have time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back