Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following the guide, but I have a problem with the ASUS_ACPI patch:
You will need to install the patch on your UniBeast drive and then on your destination disk after running MultiBeast.
I applied the patch to the USB EFI, and I was able to install Catalina.
However, I cannot start Clover / MultiBeast since the boot process from the Catalina drive (destination disk) hangs at the Apple logo (just as when trying to boot from the USB EFI without the patch).
How do I get the patch to the destination drive without getting into Clover / MultiBeast / OSX?

I hope I did not miss anything. Help highly appreciated.

Hello, I have this Motherboard, and I have a problem during the installation, it stops at this point, the loading bar is completed, but it does not advance anymore, I have left it for more than 12 hours and nothing.

@MacMan could you help me?

Attachments

• photo_2020-07-24_22-00-34.jpg
    photo_2020-07-24_22-00-34.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Did the RX 570 work out of the box?
I'm thinking of adding to my system the XFX RX-570P8DFD6, and want to find the easier installation possible.
I mean if it's in the buyers guide it should work out of the box doesn't it?

Actually, I've had 3 panic induced reboots now and a couple graphic freezes, mostly while playing a game that's under some crossover wrapper, world of tanks. One panic was during a reboot so I don't know that the game is related, maybe graphics are?

Re-installed the Emulated NVRAM version and removed the SSDT-PMC.aml and haven't had another panic or graphics freezing glitch so far.

[ EDIT ], finally had one graphics seizure after about 14 hours gaming, no panics so far but the graphics glitches at least are unrelated.

Last edited:
Folks,

I am successfully running Mojave on this very build and thanks to everybody including MacMan that helped make this happen. Has anybody successfully upgraded to Catalina after installing Mojave?

Yes, I upgraded successfully from Mojave to Catalina.

Could you please always boot on Verbose? A screen with a loading bar doesn't say much as to what causes it. :)
how can I run the installer in verbose? when I try to install Catalina off my USB I just get to the same place with the same black screen.

These are my boot flags, I thought -v was for verbose ?

art=0 nv_disable=1 -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1

How long should MultiBeast on Mojave take to run please? Mine seems to have stalled on IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 ..

I am considering assembling a new Hacintosh on this motherboard.

Can you tell me if this motherboard can work with an Intel Core i7-9700K / Intel Core i5-9600K processor?

Is sleep mode working normally?

Are there any problems disconnecting flash drives and external hard drives when waking up from sleep mode?

Hi,
I just built a new Hackintosh with a similar config. All went fine thanks to this guide and the work shared by MacMan.
My only concern for now is that the I'm getting loads of this message on the console :
SysMon: ### WiFiManagerClientCopyDevices failed: NULL

There is no Wifi or Bt device on my system.
How can I get rid of this message ?

Hi,
I just built a new Hackintosh with a similar config. All went fine thanks to this guide and the work shared by MacMan.
My only concern for now is that the I'm getting loads of this message on the console :
SysMon: ### WiFiManagerClientCopyDevices failed: NULL

There is no Wifi or Bt device on my system.
How can I get rid of this message ?

Hi there.

We don't have enough to go on.

Is your system the same as the guide? If not where does it differ?

Update your Profile to reflect your hardware. Currently it is showing a laptop.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back