Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you resolve the safe mode issue on next boot? I'm still trying to fix this
Still no joy. I've not spent a lot of time trying to work it out. The whole thing drained me and just accepted my remaining issues (safe mode issue, sleep crashes system, cleanup boot options) for now, but I do plan to investigate them soon. Will report back if I get anywhere.

I'm running the Fenvi T919 with success. No issues with Bluetooth or WiFi.
I've disabled the onboard WiFi, and am using the Fenvi device in both macOS and Windows.
I will try a fenvi m.2 today and replace the stock one see if it works. Had to order replacement antennas since the ones on the motherboard where the wrong size.

I thought I would give a general post about my build and the fine tuning I've done over the past 6 months.

This is my first build, long time Mac user (since the 68k days) and savvy PC builder

Feel free to ask me any questions on how I tuned and fixed all the little bugs to make this system rock solid and 100% feature working.
  • System ID - 19,1 iMac 5k 27"
  • MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390-PRO Gaming
  • CPU - i7-9700K
  • RAM - Crucial Balistix 2x16GB DDR4-3200
  • SSD - Samsung EVO 970 2x 1TB (Win10Pro/macOS 10.15.4)
  • GPU - MSI AMD Vega 56
  • WiFi/BT - Fenvi FV-HB1200
  • Cooler - Corsair Platinum H100i
  • Case - LianLi PC-011DW / 6x Lian-Li Bora LED 120mm Fans
  • Display - LG 27" 4K HDR x3 \__/ (wraparound displays for iRacing and Flight Sim)
Everything works - system is rock solid

The case fans Intake on the bottom, exhaust on the top. The CPU Cooler Exhausts out the back. The top and bottom fans use the MoBo LED headers, they are single color. The Corsair LEDs have more effects which makes it nice to have them vertical. The Corsair windows utility (iCue) can also control the MoBo LEDs and make effects across all the LEDs. You can program the MoBo and Corsair LEDs in Windows and most effect configs will remain while booted into macOS.

I had to use USB Inject All Kext and Hackintool USB tool to set the MoBo headers as Internal, otherwise the system won't sleep and the CPU cooler or WiFi/BT card will wake the system. I combined the 4 pins from the WiFi/BT Card header cable and the 4 pins CPU cooler header cable into a single USB 2.0 header cable. I then set both those ports to Internal.

While in macOS I also run Parallels without any problems. I always have a bare bones Win10 vm running in macOS for the odd windows tool or app I need. I also run various linux VMs for projects to tools without any stability problems.

My EFI is setup as follows - All items listed below are the latest version as of 5/22/20
  • Clover - 5117
  • Native NVRAM
KEXT/Other Folder
  • AppleALC
  • CalDigitHDProDrv
  • EnergyDriver
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • Lilu
  • FakeSMC
  • FakeSMC*various sensors*
Driver/UEFI Folder
  • ApfsDeiverLoader
  • AudioDxe
  • DataHubDxe
  • FSInject
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv
  • PartitionDxe
  • SMCHelper
  • vBoxHfs
ACPI/patched Folder
  • SSDT-EC
  • SSDT-PMC
  • SSDT-UIAC (aml/dsl)
  • SSD-USBX
IMG_0478.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.02.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.03.01 PM.png

Last edited:
hi, @MkVIGTI. Excuse me could I send EFI from your system or config.plis because I have the same motherboard as yours and I can't install please

Not going to post my whole EFI. We should be able to work out your problem though, what is happening?
MacMan's instructions are solid if you followed them.

I listed the contents of my EFI folders, just make sure you have all the same KEXT, Drivers and patch files as I have listed. You could add USBInjectAll until your system is installed and you can build your own USBX SSDT files.

I also posted screen shots of my KEXT and DSDT patches which are pretty much what MacMan has listed.

That should be all you need to get rolling

When it is going to complete the load, it stays on the block with the line, and it does not go from there. Please, my friend, help me or maybe some boot args command.

When it is going to complete the load, it stays on the block with the line, and it does not go from there. Please, my friend, help me or maybe some boot args command.

Send us screen shots of KEXT patches and DSDT patches screens from Clover Configurator - Same screen shot's I posted.

Send us screen shots of KEXT patches and DSDT patches screens from Clover Configurator - Same screen shot's I posted.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-27 a la(s) 12.46.20 a. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-27 a la(s) 12.46.20 a. m..png
    437.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-27 a la(s) 12.46.46 a. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-27 a la(s) 12.46.46 a. m..png
    209.5 KB · Views: 56
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 85
MkVIGTI please help me I will be eternally grateful

BIOS

UEFI default overrides:
Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> XMP1​
Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration -> USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) -> Disabled​
Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration -> Serial Port Configuration -> Serial Port -> Off​
Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Disabled​

If you use UEFI version 2203 or later the system will hang during the boot of macOS at apfs_module_start:1393. @mattystonnie has created a patch that fixes this.

I've attached the patch file ASUS_ACPI in a .zip file that you can install using plistbuddy in Terminal after unzipping.

You will need to install the patch on your UniBeast drive and then on your destination disk after running MultiBeast. The command would look like this if Clover was just install to the destination:
Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
or like this if you had to mount the destination EFI
Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Hey @MacMan, I am trying to install macOS Catalina using the same MoBo, and I came across the exact issue that you described where the installation just stops loading. However, I wasn't able to install the patch you provided because terminal comes back with this error:

File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Merge: ":ACPI:DSDT:" Entry Does Not Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back