Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I reinstalled my hack from 0 and im stuck at Apples logo after rebooting.

Last time I remember I was supposed to select NVRAM emulation when using MultiBeast but now the guide doesn't say so, after installing the patches (acpi and ASUS) I downloaded Clover v2.5k r5102 from here v2-5k-r5102.451 and installed it.
But I get stuck at apples logo if i disconnect the pendrive...
Am I missing something? I have I to do something with the SSDT-PMC.aml file too? Or that its only for those who installed NVRAM emulation in the first place?

I don't get what I did wrong.
The pen drive installation that I used its the old one from the first time I installed Mojave, and it does have the Clover_2.4k_r4920-uefiNVR-UB installed on it. If that helps.

Any help would be very helpful.

UPDATE: for those helpless noobs like me... yes you need the DSDT file too for NVRAM to work without emulation and it must be placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Last edited:
I guess I'll get the PLUS GAMING WIFI anyway as the installation procedure shouldn't be much different than the PRO GAMING (is that true?) and not much more expensive...

It's gonna be my first hackintosh so actually I'm trying to get whatever components are easier to build a hackintosh with.
I've been 2 months reading this forum around, and I think its time I jump into it, though I'm kinda scared.

Did you end up getting Bluetooth working?

I've ended up disconnecting the WiFi/Bluetooth card yesterday, and I'm battling with the IOGEAR Bluetooth dongle they recommend in the Buyers Guide that seems not to be as compatible as one would expect...
Interested to see how you go. I'm not interested in WiFi - just Bluetooth 5 TBH.

I did see this post which looked interesting - trying to find one of the dongles to see how it goes.

I got Bluetooth working with the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter.

But not at first, I had to disable the Bluetooth card that is on the board first in BIOS. After I did that it worked.

Fantastic!

Have you been able to try SideCar wirelessly on the iPpad? Does Apple iWatch unlock work?

Fantastic!

Have you been able to try SideCar wirelessly on the iPpad? Does Apple iWatch unlock work?

I have not tried SideCar because just a 4K screen is enough for me.And I don't have an iWatch.. so I don't know if it'll work.

Bluetooth seems to work very nicely now after unscrewing the WiFi card that came with the motherboard. The problem now that never happened to me before reinstalling from 0 with the new SSDT is that, after screen sleep, sometimes it doesn't wake up the screen. Also, while working, etc., the computer starts to crush apps and stutter graphicly. It seems not to draw power very well after looking at Intel's Power Gadget. Very weird behavior. Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
Bluetooth seems to work very nicely now after unscrewing the WiFi card that came with the motherboard. The problem now that never happened to me before reinstalling from 0 with the new SSDT is that, after screen sleep, sometimes it doesn't wake up the screen. Also, while working, etc., the computer starts to crush apps and stutter graphicly. It seems not to draw power very well after looking at Intel's Power Gadget. Very weird behavior. Any ideas are welcome.

You also could've disabled the card on the motherboard in BIOS. That's what I did.

You also could've disabled the card on the motherboard in BIOS. That's what I did.

Yep, I know. I tried at first but couldn't log into macOS again after doing so. So, after reinstalling once more time and finding that Bluetooth wasnt working well, I ended up disconnecting it from the motherboard, and all problems with the IOGEAR went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back