Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No need. Download directly Catalina.
2. Yes
3. Nothing, it will work OOB. Just use the first PCIe port.
I read thru entire instructions of "UniBeast:Install macOS Catalina on Any Support Intel-based PC". I confused about the note "MultiBeast 12 for Catalina has not been released yet ... for a fresh post-installation use MultiBeast 11.3 for Mojave to install a SMBIOS and serial number. Then manually install essential kexts and optional patches."

I am a little bit confused. Does it means to run MultiBeast 11.3 for Mojave anyway to install a SMBIOS and serial number, and then manually install essential kexts and optional patches? Where can I find those essential kexts and optional patches, how do I install them? I am really clueless here. Thank you very much for help!

Also any reason to install Wifi Blooth PCIe adaptor using the first PCIePort (PCIEX1_1)?

I read thru entire instructions of "UniBeast:Install macOS Catalina on Any Support Intel-based PC". I confused about the note "MultiBeast 12 for Catalina has not been released yet ... for a fresh post-installation use MultiBeast 11.3 for Mojave to install a SMBIOS and serial number. Then manually install essential kexts and optional patches."

I am a little bit confused. Does it means to run MultiBeast 11.3 for Mojave anyway to install a SMBIOS and serial number, and then manually install essential kexts and optional patches? Where can I find those essential kexts and optional patches, how do I install them? I am really clueless here. Thank you very much for help!

Also any reason to install Wifi Blooth PCIe adaptor using the first PCIePort (PCIEX1_1)?
You can follow this guide too. Download the EFI folder and take the kexts from there. Add SMBIOS with Clover Configurator.app.

Yes, there is a reason otherwise Bluetooth or Wifi will not work.

You can follow this guide too. Download the EFI folder and take the kexts from there. Add SMBIOS with Clover Configurator.app.

Yes, there is a reason otherwise Bluetooth or Wifi will not work.
Excuse me, I just started and not quite familiar with so many stuffs here. Could you tell me where the EFI folder is and how do I add SMBIOS with clover configurator app? Thanks again!

I am reading this build guide very carefully. Questions on BIOS section:
  • If IFEI version is 2203 or later, the patch ASUS_ACPI has to be applied. How do I know the UEFI version?
  • When do I install the patch file ASUS_ACPI? The guide mentioned that the patch needs to be installed on UniBeast drive (USB boot drive?) and the destination disk after running MultiBeast. How do I apply the patch on UniBeast? For destination disk after running MultiBeast (post installation), I need to apply two patches: ASUS_ACPI and ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630, am I correct?

I am reading this build guide very carefully. Questions on BIOS section:
  • If IFEI version is 2203 or later, the patch ASUS_ACPI has to be applied. How do I know the UEFI version?
  • When do I install the patch file ASUS_ACPI? The guide mentioned that the patch needs to be installed on UniBeast drive (USB boot drive?) and the destination disk after running MultiBeast. How do I apply the patch on UniBeast? For destination disk after running MultiBeast (post installation), I need to apply two patches: ASUS_ACPI and ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630, am I correct?
Open with TextEdit your config.plist and copy/paste fromASUS_ACPI and ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630.

I keep hanging up at the black screen w/Apple logo and the status bar is 100%. The mouse is responsive, I can see it move. This is happening on install after the third reboot.
I have read through these forums for hours. I have exactly what MacMans build is. I did update the bios on the Tuf Z390 to 2606. Is that what my problem is?

This is what I get stuck on. gIOScreenLockState. I have tried to change the graphics settings igpu to enabled. It didn't work. Any pointers? I'm pretty sure I have followed the guide exactly as stated. I wonder if the BIOS 2606 has something to do with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55
Here is my EFI folder. By the way, I decided to install my Radeon VII (changed BIOS to PCIe) and turn off Intel graphics, and it pretty much acted the same except for the screen then goes blank.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.7 MB · Views: 67
I finally got a successful install of memtest86 onto a usb and ran it. Everything seemed fine with no errors. Does this suggest that the issue is with the motherboard?

Just wanted to double check, in case I'm being an idiot. The BIOS settings in the guide for this motherboard are in addition to the ones on the main Mojave installation guide, right?

Sorry, missed this. Did you run it for like 12 hours or longer? If it's stable w/o errors then it suggests your system is OK, that is it's saying whatever is wrong may be software like operating system.

*Edit, and it's not testing disk so that remains suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back